Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Attention Mall Shoppers...
01-17-2011, 07:50 PM
Attention Mall Shoppers...
There are zombies. Attention Mall shoppers, there ARE zombies.

Everyone is waiting for a mall expansion. I started working on some new tiles for the mall. Food court, fountain area center square, etc. Though most of it is based on terrain and not tiles. So, not much I can do for you guys here, however:

Well, what shoppers are there?

[Image: Raevyn.jpg]
[Image: Haylie.jpg]
[Image: Hank.jpg]
[Image: Chester.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Attention Mall Shoppers...
You have some interesting ideas there. The picture for the asian woman doesn't seem to fit in with the rest, though.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
01-18-2011, 02:49 AM
(01-18-2011 01:52 AM)D153453D Wrote:  You have some interesting ideas there. The picture for the asian woman doesn't seem to fit in with the rest, though.

I thought the same thing at first, but I kinda like the idea of people that don't fit (prom queen) having to deal with the scenario. This shot of her is almost ironic in its carefree-ness, and it makes the bitter reality of Woodinvale all the more real for her. Maybe it would fit in better if the background (or the entire photo?)was darkened somehow? I am not a graphix guy, so don't take my comments too seriously. Just brainstorming here.
01-18-2011, 02:56 AM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2011 02:58 AM by D153453D.)
(01-18-2011 02:49 AM)vikinglad Wrote:  
(01-18-2011 01:52 AM)D153453D Wrote:  You have some interesting ideas there. The picture for the asian woman doesn't seem to fit in with the rest, though.

I thought the same thing at first, but I kinda like the idea of people that don't fit (prom queen) having to deal with the scenario. This shot of her is almost ironic in its carefree-ness, and it makes the bitter reality of Woodinvale all the more real for her. Maybe it would fit in better if the background (or the entire photo?)was darkened somehow? I am not a graphix guy, so don't take my comments too seriously. Just brainstorming here.

I mean It looks as if clipped from a magazine, or taken as a photoshoot. Everyone else isn't aware there is a camera takign a picture of them. She seems to be posing.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
01-18-2011, 04:01 AM
Good luck finding a picture to fit that criteria. You know how long I searched? Insane19
01-18-2011, 04:16 AM
It was just a suggestion; I found 2 that would work in about 30 seconds and a few more with more creative search titles. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but the internet is huge and, you'll find it if you look hard enough.

01-18-2011, 04:36 AM
Posts? I tried several creative search titles. They either were too small and when you blew them up looked like crap... or didn't convey as well as that one. Don't get me wrong, I didn't particularly like her, she just fit.
01-18-2011, 04:37 AM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2011 04:42 AM by D153453D.)
While I agree it may have been a problem of finding one with the correct resolution, you can change the initial resolution from 300 to something lower that way more images will fit. You could reduce it 66% and without any visible quality loss, FYI.

Once resampled, don't save over it as it will screw up other things in that file. Save it as a whole other document.

If you still have problems finding ones that fit, I can save a few and share them with you need be.

01-18-2011, 04:41 AM
I dunno. I'll prolly leave it as is. Makes sense that the spoiled brat would be posing anyway. I almost got the terrain set up. I'll try to take pictures when I'm done.
01-18-2011, 04:46 AM
Toungue RE: Attention Mall Shoppers...
(01-18-2011 04:41 AM)Orguss Wrote:  I dunno. I'll prolly leave it as is. Makes sense that the spoiled brat would be posing anyway. I almost got the terrain set up. I'll try to take pictures when I'm done.

That's perfectly fine as long as you're happy with it. I just didn't want you to "settle" on that one if it wasn't what you ultimately want.

You should upload your terrain as well.