Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Balancing Agent Carter
01-17-2014, 09:13 PM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2014 09:14 PM by alderdust.)
Balancing Agent Carter
First off sorry for the blurry image I didnt take it I screencapped it.

I was curious how you all planned to balance Agent Carter's Hunt for Information ability. It seems that with the games combined the decks are huge...which dont get me wrong I like. However, I am not sure if when they made the Agent's ability that they took that into account. Since the heroes are so unlikely to run out of hero cards in the deck there is not much risk to just discarding 3 so you get to take 2...I mean why wouldn't you do that? You help grow the discard pile which is good for some heroes abilities and plus you take two cards.

What if when you play the game you shuffle the stack up and then count out 60 cards. Those being your hero deck for the game. That way the heroes losing from the stack running out is atleast a feasible win condition.

Add that to the fact he has a pistol and I believe we have someone that is going to leave Sheriff Anderson in the dust.

[Image: 2en1gdc.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2014, 09:18 PM
RE: Balancing Agent Carter
The pistol will still run out of ammo. That's where the Sheriff really shines.
The other ability, well... Interesting. That's going through FIVE cards from the deck (to get 2 into hand). That's pretty quickly. Isn't there already a building from GH that has that as its ability?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-17-2014, 09:23 PM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2014 09:24 PM by alderdust.)
(01-17-2014 09:18 PM)mqstout Wrote:  The pistol will still run out of ammo. That's where the Sheriff really shines.
The other ability, well... Interesting. That's going through FIVE cards from the deck (to get 2 into hand). That's pretty quickly. Isn't there already a building from GH that has that as its ability?

I think you are right....Man...Now we have an FBI Agent with a Pistol that on the side also acts like a building! Plus even being drawn down that quickly the decks are near 300 cards now I bet.
01-17-2014, 11:05 PM
We generally play with all combined decks and there are around 205 cards in each deck.

We recently played our first game of BF and used both Sister Ophelia and Agent Carter to get the flavor. For Agent Carter's ability we drew off 6 cards each time to get 2. We pulled TP and GH out of the deck so the concentration of BF cards was higher. It was still near two times the deck so we doubled the impact of his ability.

When we play with all decks we three-times any card or ability which calls for drawing off the Hero deck. At around 180 cards that's been a fair scale. Now with 20 new cards from BF and 5 from Hold The Line there are around 205. The three-times scale will have to be more like three and a half times now.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
01-17-2014, 11:17 PM
Remove those cards from the game instead of going into the discard. That puts a little fear into players thinking they will burn off something good.
01-17-2014, 11:31 PM
Removing from game maybe more dangerous because then what if you remove all scenario search items u need
01-17-2014, 11:33 PM
Just curious if any members have tried just TP and BitF only?? This is the way I intend taking the story.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
01-18-2014, 01:17 AM
(01-17-2014 11:33 PM)ForestRunner Wrote:  Just curious if any members have tried just TP and BitF only?? This is the way I intend taking the story.

I have already combined all my stuff and am too lazy to seperate it lol.
01-18-2014, 03:57 AM
i think burning 5 cards is still powerfull.. even if you have a big deck.

if you can't salvage the cards.. they are gone.. so there is risk.
01-18-2014, 05:44 AM
Yeah I'm just not sure I would hesitate to use them I mean it's still luck based.