Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bitten vs Meat Cleaver?
09-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Bitten vs Meat Cleaver?
The discussion on resilient got me thinking about ways to counter the Meaet Cleaver. I thought that one possible "counter" to the Meat Cleaver might be "Bitten," but its text says "Play this card on a Hero when they kill a Zombie in a fight. The next time the Hero would be wounded, instead they are turned into a Zombie Hero."

Since the Meat Cleaver's wording states that the zombie is instantly killed, and the FlyingFrogWiki states that the fight is NOT resolved, does this mean that a kill with the meat cleaver would be considered a non-Fight kill, or would "Bitten" be a valid response to death by meat cleaver?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-14-2011, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2011 04:09 PM by PJON.)
RE: Bitten vs Meat Cleaver?
What ? grrrr Bitten is my fav for Meat Clevers, chain saws, etc. Better is "This cant be Happening" really great for saws

Hedge Trimmer is still a torn for me, working on it Insane19
Ok, here is a question. Lets say I play "Undead Hate the Living" before any fight dice are rolled.

Undead Hate The Living
Fight:
Play this card to hate a Hero, forcing them to Re-roll any number of their Fight Dice (Zombie's choice).

Automatically, because it was played first, force the Hero to re-roll.

?????

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
09-14-2011, 04:27 PM
I don't have the link, but that was asked over on the boardgamegeek forums, and no, Undead Hate The Living can't be played like that - it can only be played AFTER fight dice are rolled, but the "instant" nature of the Meat Cleaver/Hedge Trimmer means zombies don't get to play fight cards after the dice are rolled.
09-14-2011, 04:29 PM
"Not Resolved" means that you don't follow that part of the rulebook for determining the outcoming of the battle. There was a fight, and the hero did kill a zombie in it. Play it!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-14-2011, 05:02 PM
Cool. That's what I had already assumed, but thinking about the verbage just made me curious Zombie17
09-14-2011, 05:06 PM
Im going to agree that you had to swing the Meat Cleaver to fight/kill the zombie, and if "Bitten" was thrown, then while chopping through the Zombies neck you may have gotten a little nibble.

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
09-14-2011, 05:06 PM
(09-14-2011 04:27 PM)thanatos Wrote:  I don't have the link, but that was asked over on the boardgamegeek forums, and no, Undead Hate The Living can't be played like that - it can only be played AFTER fight dice are rolled, but the "instant" nature of the Meat Cleaver/Hedge Trimmer means zombies don't get to play fight cards after the dice are rolled.

I know, im just being difficult Zombie13

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
09-14-2011, 09:21 PM
I would say that your in the clear since the hero had to use the meat cleaver in a fight in order to instantly kill a zombie.

Eating brains and taking names.
09-15-2011, 01:00 AM
Kills instantly means the zombie cannot play a counter card, and cannot wound a Hero even If they rolled a 6 or modified it to a seven. Meat cleaver owns.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
09-15-2011, 02:12 AM
(09-15-2011 01:00 AM)D153453D Wrote:  Kills instantly means the zombie cannot play a counter card, and cannot wound a Hero even If they rolled a 6 or modified it to a seven. Meat cleaver owns.

So you disagree that "Bitten" could be played?

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13