Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Board Game Turned Mobile Game
01-04-2013, 06:20 AM
Board Game Turned Mobile Game
HEY EVERYONE!!! So I found the mobile game Elder Signs Omens today! If you've never played the board game (Elder Sign) it's pretty darn great. The game for my android smartphone is just as good!

I was wondering if there are more games out there that people have played, games that started as a board game and then were ported over or closely cloned to our mobile devices?!?!

It's awesome to be able to have our games in our pockets when we can't carry around our just LNoE games with expansions hahaha Zombie17

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2013, 01:31 PM
RE: Board Game Turned Mobile Game
I think I must be turning into a technophobe. Gaming is going towards apps and tablets and it all confuses meZombie12
01-04-2013, 01:54 PM
It is kind of scary what you can do with the thing in your pocket that's meant to make phone calls! Make no mistake though...I would always rather be holding Jake Cartwright in my hand and making him chop through waves of plastic undead rather than playing on my cellphone!

I do however think it's pretty awesome to be able to play a game at work when i'm bored though! Discreetly of course Zombie17

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
01-04-2013, 02:34 PM
I play ticket to ride quite a bit on my iPhone. It was available in the app store for free when I got it not sure if it still is. Summoner Wars is also a nice card game that is free.
01-04-2013, 06:33 PM
My two favorites:

Neuroshima Hex and Ascension. Great board/card games that ported very well to hand held devices.

I too am addicted to ESZombie14. However I can not for the life of me beath Ithaqua. Have you done it?
01-04-2013, 07:44 PM
No...I hate him and his stupid furry self...grrr -.-

01-05-2013, 09:51 AM
the idea of taking any of my favorite board games and making them tablet or phone based apps sickens me right down to my very core. My dirty rotten zombified core. There is nothing like cracking open that big box and setting up a game and having your favorite people around to enjoy it with. Even if its just monopoly.
01-05-2013, 03:19 PM
(01-05-2013 09:51 AM)jimbal Wrote:  the idea of taking any of my favorite board games and making them tablet or phone based apps sickens me right down to my very core. My dirty rotten zombified core. There is nothing like cracking open that big box and setting up a game and having your favorite people around to enjoy it with. Even if its just monopoly.

Well I couldn't agree more, nothing beats all of those things hahaha. I was just saying its nice to have the option when you're away from your games for x amount of time :P

01-05-2013, 05:56 PM
This is how it begins. First aps then tablets and before you know it Skynet...
01-06-2013, 07:56 AM
I welcome our robotic overlords...they sound nice.