Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Chainsaw v. Zombie Hero?
03-23-2012, 02:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2012 02:05 PM by j0hnnn.)
RE: Chainsaw v. Zombie Hero?
...pfff sry for that PJON...
lol the dots killed the link... i will get it full for ya.

here it is... working link
http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index....arbed_Wire
Here it PJON... sry for that...

http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index....arbed_Wire

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2012, 02:40 PM
Here, i will give you this. No where in the rules do i see a hero taking a wound for losing a fight, except on the web page.

Page 15 LNOE

LNOE Resolving the Fight
From Flyingfrogwiki.com
Jump to: navigation, search
Resolving the Fight

A Fight is only resolved after all players have decided not to use any more cards or abilities.

Once both players have chosen their highest Fight Dice roll and are done using cards and abilities, the fight is resolved as follows:

- If the Zombie wins (has a higher roll or is tied for highest), the Hero takes one Wound.

- If the Hero has a higher roll, the Zombie is Fended Off. The fight ends and both the Hero and Zombie remain in the space, unaffected.

- If the Hero has a higher roll and has rolled doubles on ANY of their Fight Dice (two 5’s for instance), the Zombie takes one Wound (removing it from the board).

Zombies are not hard to Fend Off as the Heroes usually get more dice, giving them a better chance to roll higher. But, it can be a challenge to kill a Zombie without the use of a weapon or ability.

So.....maybe some of my confusion is with the wound and not the out come of the fight. Maybe its just better than a fended off ??? Heroes dont get to play "Get back you Devils" or the such

I do play a bunch of games, and if the rules do not say it. It does not happen. Im mostly in the contention that a barbed wire 1 only means you lose the fight, not take a wound ???? Hey FFP is pretty inconsitant.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
03-23-2012, 02:54 PM
PJON, I think this is written on the rulebook

"- If the Zombie wins (has a higher roll or is tied for highest), the Hero takes one Wound. "

If the zombie wins, the hero takes one wound.

03-23-2012, 05:13 PM
(03-23-2012 02:54 PM)j0hnnn Wrote:  PJON, I think this is written on the rulebook

"- If the Zombie wins (has a higher roll or is tied for highest), the Hero takes one Wound. "

If the zombie wins, the hero takes one wound.

Im not finding that. Barbed wire just states that the Hero Loses, not the Zombie wins.

Either way, i find it confusing. I play a bunch of more statagey based games with much less confusion.

03-23-2012, 05:18 PM
Look... if the hero lose... and the zombie was against him in the fight... it is simply expected that the zombie won...

03-23-2012, 09:07 PM
(03-23-2012 05:18 PM)j0hnnn Wrote:  Look... if the hero lose... and the zombie was against him in the fight... it is simply expected that the zombie won...

Here i strongly disagree. FFP has many inconsistencies. If FFP wanted the Zombie to win the fight. They would have printed "win" on the card.

You would think when a cards reads Immediatley do this, would mean immediatley to this. Yet it does not

Resilient
Play this card when a Zombie is Killed by a Gun item to immediately discard that Gun.

Immediately means ??? idk wtf is even on the card for ??? When resilent is played you may discard ammo in its place. It should just read, When a Zombie is Killed by a Gun, discard that gun. You may also cancel Resilient.

So what does the immediately mean ? You would expect it means something, but it does not.

03-23-2012, 10:09 PM
About resilient... i think they written in this way... so it's clear you can use even after the ammo roll...

About the hero losing... if he didn't win the fight... he takes one wound... but why are we discussing this?

On my guess you're twisting bad wording in the favor of what you believe...

If the zombie wins... the hero has to lose... there is no way a hero can't tie or win if the zombie won...

Proof of this is instantly kills that just kills against instantly lose that necessarily end up hurting the hero anyway...

03-23-2012, 10:55 PM
My head hurts.
03-23-2012, 11:58 PM
This is getting strange already... lulz...

03-28-2012, 09:09 PM
Yeah, it's the reason I started looking up official answers to some unusual occurrences like the ones mentioned before.

The only one that actually caused a momentary stop in gameplay with my group is the more common one, resilient vs ammo, but we agreed the wording on the ammo card trumped the discarding of the gun, thematically makes sense, unloading a full clip into a stubborn zed, "damn that was close, bastard wouldn't go down, better reload".

The instant kill one I was very confused about and not sure which side of the fence was right, I had read this argument and participated in it, but it was this post by Mr. Jason C. Hill that helped clarify things for me.
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/6751865#6751865

So while we can fault FFP for not being all that clear on the intent of the rules (I'd say more confusion comes from the cards, as the rulebook do a slightly better job of explaining effects) I still give Hill & his staff brownie points because they take it upon themselves to post answers to problems caused by iffy wording and expansions.

So if I'm understanding Mr Hill correctly:

Jade rolls 6-1-1 against Barbed Wire Zombie
Result: Zombie wins, Jade can't re-roll but avoids wound.

Jade equipped with Cleaver/Shears rolls 6-1-1 against Barbed Wire Zombie
Result: Jade wins, kills zombie, avoids wound.

If she had rolled 6-1 she'd kill it but take 1 wound for losing fight (Zombie clawed her just as she brought the cleaver down on it's head for the kill)

If it were Rachelle, then she can ALWAYS roll for intuition of every single wound she would take regardless if it's in a fight or not. (That's why a love that Rachelle + Police Vest Combo, she becomes UBER TANK! But if the dice fail her she can still die)

And Sally, well she isn't so Lucky after all, if she's being affected by an Instantly Killed/Lose.