Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Chainsaw v. Zombie Hero?
03-28-2012, 09:25 PM
RE: Chainsaw v. Zombie Hero?
Right LUIJOD

just adding...

If Jade rolled

1-1-1 She loses but takes no wound...

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2012, 02:50 PM
Im not gonna try to say to much. But any instant kill is an instant kill, even for rachelle.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
03-29-2012, 03:17 PM
Do as you please PJON... if it works for you it's fine... you're playing with words too much...

Instantly Lose - Means Lose the fight and take a regular wound. Not cancel the fight and take a wound in it's place. As you say the hero only takes a wound if the zombie wins... Holy shit... that is pure semantics...

Instantly Kill wounds may be prevented as any other wounds... Face it.. instantly only ends the fight... DOES NOT RESOLVE THE WOUNDS... they are all solved after the fight... not before nor during.

03-29-2012, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2012 04:04 PM by mqstout.)
http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index....tly_Killed
http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index....=Instantly

Instakill doesn't instakill Rachelle, nor prevent "Just a scratch".
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-29-2012, 04:21 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2012 04:22 PM by LUIJOD.)
Hey lets not get into a big fight here, I already saw it happen on the original post I linked to on boardgamegeek.

I'm just pointing out what the game creator officially posted as the way to interpret the rules.

I can totally understand where your coming from PJON, the confusing wording on the cards and rules made me look intot his in the first place. In the end I say if your gaming group can all agree on house ruling something more power to ya. I get enough grief from my GF always wanting Zombie Horde and giving me the stink eye when I start negotiating my 4 dot powers to even things out Zombie01
04-01-2012, 10:41 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2012 10:42 AM by victor.w.)
The rules say that an Instant Kill is equal to removing (for Heroes) or filling (for Zombies) all of the wound markers available to a unit. The wounds may be prevented with cards or abilities. Thus, a Hero, on their last wound, may use "Just a Scratch" to cancel an Instant Kill, just as the Zombie card "Rotting Bodies" can.
P.S.: I don't have the rules in front of me, so it'll be a while until I properly cite this.

In the event of a Zombie Apocalypse please do the following:
1. Grab a buddy
2. Grab guns
3. Start shooting
04-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Hi, Back of growing hunger

when a model is "instantly Killed, it immediately fills all of its health boxes with wound markers. These wounds MAY be prevented as normal. If not, the model is removed and any firght they were in is ended with out being resolved.

If a weapon "instantly" kills on a certain roll during a fight ( ex On a roll of 6) the instant kill must be worked out before any other fight cards are played to re-roll, add dice, or cancel the fight, etc

is this what you were looking for ?

04-02-2012, 08:16 PM
(04-02-2012 02:24 PM)PJON Wrote:  Hi, Back of growing hunger

when a model is "instantly Killed, it immediately fills all of its health boxes with wound markers. These wounds MAY be prevented as normal. If not, the model is removed and any firght they were in is ended with out being resolved.

If a weapon "instantly" kills on a certain roll during a fight ( ex On a roll of 6) the instant kill must be worked out before any other fight cards are played to re-roll, add dice, or cancel the fight, etc

is this what you were looking for ?

Exactly!

In the event of a Zombie Apocalypse please do the following:
1. Grab a buddy
2. Grab guns
3. Start shooting
04-02-2012, 09:15 PM
(03-29-2012 04:04 PM)mqstout Wrote:  http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index....tly_Killed
http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index....=Instantly

Instakill doesn't instakill Rachelle, nor prevent "Just a scratch".

I still say, if a Barbed wire Zombie has Fighting Instincts, and grabs the Garden Shears. Rachelle is decapitated, and there is nothing she can do about it. The instant *weapon* effect takes place before anything else.

Hmmmm Barbed Wire is on a Grave *Weapon* Zombie. yeah, i know it doesnt instantly kill, but it could if its their last wound. Its still an instant weapon effect, and should be treated the same way.

I dont play IFOS, but in the game of Life, you never die. In FANG if your dead, you just go back to your start location. ATOE is the same way, i believe.

I just like rules that make sense.

04-02-2012, 09:32 PM
I don't get it... the rules state otherwise... the developers state otherwise... the people over the foruns agree otherwise...

However you still beats this dead dog...

If you group likes this way better... do this way... but you doing it wrong... Just saying...

Any abilities that could prevent damage may be used... Any cards too... nothing that affects the combat.

Lose or Win is not linked to kill or be killed... but to emerge from the combat victorious or defeated which is usually the trigger for loads of cards.

But sincerelly if for your group... works this way... rule it this way.