Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Choose a hero V. Random Hero
10-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Choose a hero V. Random Hero
Have a preference? Think one is better than the other for gameplay? Does it vary with experience of players? What do you think?

Does that look like a scratch or a bite?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2012, 09:15 PM
RE: Choose a hero V. Random Hero
When im playing on the hero side i like to choose my heroes..when im on the zombie side i like my opponent to choose random haha...of course its this way though because i feel like you have an advantage when you get to choose your heroes..like choosing sherriff anderson or the becky/father joe combo. Overall though i would say go with random. It keeps the games interesting

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
10-03-2012, 09:45 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2012 10:08 PM by samuraitrev.)
I always play random board sections and random Heroes. More of a challenge for the Heroes but satisfying has hell when you bring home a win. Plus you get to use sections and characters that normally don't get used.

This will make you a more fully rounded LNoE player. (That's what I keep telling myself...)Zombie17
10-03-2012, 09:54 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2012 09:55 PM by Achtung Panzer.)
If you're playing with younger players, let them choose their starting Hero. But always go for random board tiles.
10-03-2012, 10:29 PM
I let new players choose heroes for the first few games. After that, it's always random for me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-04-2012, 12:30 AM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2012 12:32 AM by ForestRunner.)
Basically, Newbies choose... Veterans/Expert random.

Recently posted I find this method from Phantaskippy intriguing that I'm going to try out - starting Page 2 (or post #11 depending on your settings) in this thread...

http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...eam?page=2

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
10-04-2012, 01:20 AM
I play random heroes all the time. Shuffle them up, and draw off the top of the stack. If i get back-to-back games in, I will keep drawing off the top of the stack to ensure that I don't have any repeat heroes in the second/third game. I only shuffle the used ones back in if I deplete the stack, leaving any that actually died during the current game removed.
10-04-2012, 07:53 PM
I always prefer to choose at random. I love all the hero characters in the game and the expansions, so I want to get a chance to try them all out. I also think it is just more fun that way. Otherwise, people tend to constantly pick the same ones.

The only thing I may do as I get some of the expansions is to start to make sure to pick at least some of the expansion characters at first. Not to mention, if after I have them all and have played for a while I find there are one or more that somehow never seem to come into play, I may choose them a few times to get to play them. Other than that, though, I like to pick at random.
10-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Hi, Im ok with letting the bleeders choose which hero they want to sacrifice to the Zombies. It gives them less of a complaint when they still lose.

Sad to say I never get to see Jenny, or Kenny. Just recently my bleeders have utilized the value of a student, and their pinch point ability.

We were playing alls hallow eve II and with the board set up they needed a third door, or a student. The student tasted like fresh meat Watchmen02

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
10-04-2012, 09:11 PM
In the initial DZD we were doing the Random Hero thing.

But since moving on to the Advanced/GH/Expansions, we have been choosing. It seems like people like to read the bios, and the skills and it connects them a little more to their character.