Hi everyone! TheZombieGame.com will be shutting it's doors on 24 May 2024. This page has been going for years and years and it's time for me to stop spending money on it. See you in another life!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cleaver question...
01-15-2011, 09:10 PM
Cleaver question...
Quote:Cleaver

Says zombies are killed on a 6. What if the zombie player rolls a 6 (or through card play gets a 7, etc)?

Actually, you'll notice that the Cleaver says, ‘instantly’ killed. That means if the Hero rolls a 6 at all, the Zombie is instantly killed and the fight ends immediately. Because it is instant, Zombies do not even get the chance to play cards (may not force a re-roll etc). Cleaver of doom indeed. Just don't get overconfident, I have seen many Heroes charge into a pack of Zombies with a meat cleaver and get torn to pieces.

(Jason C. Hill. Flying Frog Productions - http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1699034)

We had this come up last night in a game where Billy made good use of a Pitchfork/Cleaver combo.

Cleaver says, ‘instantly’ killed. Does this mean the HERO employing a cleaver in a fight where the Zombie player also rolled a "Six" does not take a wound, when the Hero normally would have lost the fight and taken a wound?

We interpreted this to mean no wound as the Zombie "Instant" kill took effect first. And that's kinda how I read FAQ response above.

I totally ran at a lone Zombie and caught the Zombie player off guard with this, and made hole for another hero.

Thanks -
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2011, 09:52 PM
RE: Cleaver question...
Instant is instant. No time to take a wound.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
01-25-2011, 12:20 AM
RE: Cleaver question...
(01-15-2011 09:52 PM)D153453D Wrote:  Instant is instant. No time to take a wound.

True that!