Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cthulhu:Death May Die Season 3 UPDATE
10-08-2022, 06:03 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2022 08:50 PM by Old Dwarf.)
Cthulhu:Death May Die Season 3 UPDATE
CMON is coming out with an Expansion(sort of) of C:DMD

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmo...=bggforums

It's billed as a Stand Alone Game that's compatible with the Core Game.
Not much info beyond that so far.

I hope the damage to my plastic won't be too bad, maybe if the KS
shows up before the end of the month I can pitch it as a Birthday present.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2022, 08:43 PM
RE: Cthulhu:Death May Die Season 3
(10-08-2022 06:03 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  CMON is coming out with an Expansion(sort of) of C:DMD

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmo...=bggforums

It's billed as a Stand Alone Game that's compatible with the Core Game.
Not much info beyond that so far.

I hope the damage to my plastic won't be too bad, maybe if the KS
shows up before the end of the month I can pitch it as a Birthday present.

OD

Yet another game for the collection! Why not? I like the birthday present ideaWatchmen02

If you like my work please visit my Tomb http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Forum-The-Tomb
For painting articles visit A Brush with Death http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Foru...with-Death
10-11-2022, 04:59 PM
Thanks for sharing! This is very exciting news. Glad to hear you're interested in picking it up OD! My game is currently on loan to a friend, who introduced it to his room mates and they're now looking to buy their own copy. In fact, I don't think I've ever introduced it to someone who didn't end up liking it, including my dad, who wasneven a board gamer. I think this is my favorite of all the CMON IP games too, and I like a lot of their stuff. Very happy they're finally returning to this IP. I've only backed like 3 games this year, so I think I can fit this one in. Watchmen02
10-11-2022, 08:34 PM
I trust I can swing this as well.I check out the content pics on BGG & it's a lot of stuff,
so I'm sure it's north off $100,

OD

10-26-2022, 08:36 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2022 09:07 PM by Old Dwarf.)
The KS Campaign opened & met Goal ($200,000) in 17 minutes. I was the 14 pledge. So I need to live another year.
The base Pledge is $100 which was less than I expected & from the amount of content I felt was a good deal.

It's the Base Game & no addons or stretch goals so far & 1 Exclusive Investigator. I don't know if COMON will add
more content. Update-there will be Exclusive Stretch Goals, 3 new Investigators & Unknown Monster Cards for
Season 1 & 2 & the Unspeakable box. All Stretch Goals have been unlocked-so we'll see if more will be added.
They just added Zoogs (6) & it's unlocked.

Shipping is once again a tough nut the US is around $30 but that's way less than for other countries.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmo...gLS4vD_BwE

OD

10-26-2022, 11:15 PM
RE: Cthulhu:Death May Die Season 3 UPDATE
Nice job there OD. Another game joins the collection. I would love to see the vaults containing games from all across space and time.

If you like my work please visit my Tomb http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Forum-The-Tomb
For painting articles visit A Brush with Death http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Foru...with-Death
10-27-2022, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2022 08:30 PM by Old Dwarf.)
I'm pleased with this KS so far, the Stretch Goals are up to 15, which include
10 new KS Exclusive Investigators (+ the base game comes with 10 Investigators-which
is real over kill-I'll never at my age never get to play all of them), Cards to convert
the Monsters from Season 1,2 & the Unspeakable boxes to Unknown Monsters,Zoogs,
Cats from Saturn & Hypnos.

The Campaign is closing in on $850K which will be Lost Episode #4 which features
Hypnos. A lot of the new Monsters are from the Dreamlands so I'm thinking some
of the new Episodes may take place there.

I hope there will be no "must Have" add-ons as I'm at the top of my wife's tolerance level
for my Birthday & Christmas gifts & I'm not sure she will go for Valentine's Day as well.

OD

So far so Good- checked back on the KS & they put out The Unspeakable box & the Giant Cthulhu as Add-ons
I have the Unspeakable box & don't want the Giant Cthulhu. 2 Exclusive Investigators have come in as stretch Goals.

10-28-2022, 10:28 AM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2022 12:24 PM by Old Dwarf.)
One thing about KS is that I love to check their progress over morning coffee.This morning
the Campaign is over 1 & 1/4 million. Brown Jenkin has been obtained as the new Stretch Goal
& Keziah Mason needs only 35K. as the next.

With those 2 I'm wondering if Nyarlathotep, will show up soon?

OD

Well Ithaqua with 2 Shantaks showed up as an optional buy ,so I feel my plastic will be stressed
as the Campaign runs until Nov 9th.

I kicked in the $30 for the Ithaqua Add-ON ,the next Stretch Goal is Episode "Dreams in Witch House"
that utilizes Brown Jenkin & Keziah Mason

10-29-2022, 05:52 AM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2022 05:56 AM by Raynor.)
Very exciting campaign so far. The Ithaqua model is absolutely terrifying. I’m very happy to see CMON take steps to let people who missed the first campaign pick up some of the exclusives from back then. Also really enjoying the unlocks. James is my fav investigator so far but am def gonna be using Taylor for Patrice the violinist in AH and Buck for Joe Diamond! Saito looks great too. Then Eve could stand in for several investigators.

You’re amazing for making backer 14. I came in at 125 and that was in the first minute still.

Huge bonus that we got Hypnos in the campaign as an unlock! Was not expecting that and am very happy with it.
10-29-2022, 10:43 AM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2022 04:05 PM by Old Dwarf.)
This morning we made the Episode "Dreams in Witch House" & need about 20K to
get the next Stretch Goal-Another Investigator (we have so many Investigators in this KS
I don't think even samuraitrev could paint them all).

Overnight was slow but once the sun comes in North America things should pick up.It's
a shame the European Shipping & VAT are so brutal.

OD

By mid-morning the Investor (Buck Hall) Stretch Goal was achieved & the next one are
3 Coleopteran figs (I had to look these up as I never heard of them in the Mythos).

Oddly enough Coleoptera is the actual name for the order that includes Beetles.In the
Mythos however, they are Beetles whose bodies are occupied by the Great Race of Yith