Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: Who would win in a overall battle of Supremacy! The World of DC or The World of Marvel?
DC
Marvel
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DC Vs. Marvel
09-18-2011, 01:57 AM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2011 01:58 AM by Pred.)
DC Vs. Marvel
Who would win in a overall battle of Supremacy! The World of DC or The World of Marvel?

Please explain in your post why

this will be a fun ThreadWatchmen02

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-18-2011, 01:47 PM
RE: DC Vs. Marvel
I'm not a Comic Book Fan (at least since the age of 12-over 5 decades ago) but I voted Marvel mainly due to
Capt.America.He was big doing the war years (we're talking WWII here-ancient history I know) and he seemed
more "real" well with blue & red long johns than the DC super Heroes like Superman.

The only real contest here is Wonder Woman,whose costume revealed a lot more than we were
use to seeing in the 40's but she rather lost me with the invisible plane.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
09-18-2011, 06:37 PM
DC can be hard core with some of the things they had the Joker do, but I was always more into the X-Men back in the late 80s and early 90s. Excellent question.
09-18-2011, 07:16 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2011 03:13 PM by Pred.)
Really surprised that we have all Marvel votes so far. Not one DC fan sticking up for the Man of Steel, the Core of Lanterns, Doomsday, Darsied, Lex Luthor, Brainiac, Orion, Shazam, Imperiax and tons and tons more. Are you DC fans not going to stand behind your Favorites? what about the Flash, Cyborg, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow! The Joker!, Solomon Grundy!, Gorilla Grodd!, Sinestro!, Ra's ah Gul!!! Don't tell me the DC fans out there think that Marvel characters would just run them over!!!

Are you DC fans showing defeat saying Tony Stark would easily out do Batman in any form and fashion! Stand up DC Fans! Tell us why not!!!

Would Hawkeye out Shoot Green Arrow!?!

Would Dr. Doom out manipulate Darksied!?!

Would Hulk take down Doomsday and Superman with out a sweat!?!

Would Marvel Zombies eat more Brains than DC Zombies?

tell me why not!

09-19-2011, 03:09 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2011 03:11 PM by Pred.)
Sarku, the only DC fan vote so far being the odd man out. No comment as to why DC would over run Marvel?

I thought this would be a more fun thread, but I guess not a lot of Comic Book readers on the Zombie Forum..... That makes me odd man out Insane13

09-20-2011, 04:04 PM
DC doesn't overdo it. The Lanterns would own the Marvel Universe. Superman has no equal.

I used to love the MU, but as of late, it's gotten weak. I don't collect a single MU title anymore. The last great title was Daredevil, but they saw fit to screw that up. I collected X-Men for over 20 years. The stories now are boring and filled with too many X-characters, too many X-tie ins and Wolverine is everywhere at once. Blah.

In other words, send the DCU to the MU and have them clean house. Maybe there'd be a good MU then.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-20-2011, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2011 04:47 PM by mqstout.)
As worded, DC would win a war between the two. Hell, Superman alone would win. I'd, however, root for Marvel. DCs superheroes are boring and bland -- largely because they're all so grossly super powered with extreme "everything".*

Watch the superheroes episode of South Park. Cartman is totally DC.

* The exception to this is Batman, the best superhero of all time.
09-20-2011, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2011 05:43 PM by Pred.)
YES!!!

We finally got something for me to unload on! wait... what is this... My good friend Mr. Onearm voted against Marvel and didn't even post why!? This is disturbing, very disturbing indeed!

OK then, on to Sarku Watchmen02 you say that Superman has no Equal! I'm a bit confused to this because I believe Lex Luther has trumped the man of still multiple times where superman has need the help of fellow Heroes to come to his aid to save the day, and he is only a mere man. Also he was killed at the Hands of Doomsday. Superman isn't invulnerable either, remember his weaknesses: Kryptonite, Electricity (if large enough in blast), and Magic. Since MU doesn't have kryptonite I will leave this weakness out, although I do believe it would be possible to use this if a MU character was to kill Metallo and rip the Kryptonite he uses in his Metallic body to bring the Man of Steel do his knees. Other than that Superman gets his power from the Sun, so if we were to bring in Gallactus to take on a portion of the Green Lantern Core he would be blocking out the sun so alot of Superman powers wouldn't be so super. So if I was the General of the MU forces I would put Thor, Hulk and the Master of Magic Dr. Strange to easily over come Superman without breaking a sweat before unleashing them selves on other opponents.

On to the Biggest claim... the GL Core would wiped out MU completely! Although, I am not going to argue the fact that the core it self would haft to be DC's strongest attribute to the fight (Green Lantern is by FAR my most favorite DC Hero (and not because of the crappy ass movie they made)) I am just going to say that would be one hell of a fight. In the core itself though there are weaknesses, like having so many new recruits joining all the time and I would say half of them would die pretty quickly. As for the elites Lanterns they aren't Invincible and through the long battles their power rings would dwindle and I'm sure to the massive line of Brains and Intelligence from the MU line up would plan for this and 1/2 of those Lanterns would be taken care of when they would haft to recharge. We really cant determine the outcome of the battle but I 100% agree that the Core would be DC's biggest asset.

I do agree with you that I do not like what they have done with Wolverine, and I believe they have taken great Stories and turned them to Crap, and they over use Wolverine because of his popularity (hes actually one of my least favorite characters. From the X-men Gambit was the coolest to me.)

you say DC doesn't over do it. I am shocked you would say that considering most of DC's line up are Legendary with powers that make most of them overpowered in a sense. MU characters mostly are mere men and women with a slight power that they use to the fullest (not all but most) I am not saying MU doesn't have over the top Heroes, but DC in my opinion definitely over do there Heroes and Villain's more the Marvel. (an example most Heroes in MU are like Spiderman, just a kid with a special ability his makes the most of and has an ordinary life he returns to. DC Heroes like Green lantern gets powers that are limitless to the mind (even though his ring does drain) and stay in their Hero persona and rarely live normal life's.)

on a side not what do you think of the new 52 line DC is putting out?
(09-20-2011 04:46 PM)mqstout Wrote:  As worded, DC would win a war between the two. Hell, Superman alone would win. I'd, however, root for Marvel. DCs superheroes are boring and bland -- largely because they're all so grossly super powered with extreme "everything".*
Watch the superheroes episode of South Park. Cartman is totally DC.
* The exception to this is Batman, the best superhero of all time.

See MqStout agrees they are overly powered. But I disagree the whole superman thing. Even if it was a one on one with Hulk V.s Superman "Hulk is strongest there is" and Superman doesn't kill, to where Hulk mindlessly destroys all (although they have given him a more human side with the avengers and newer comics) I also think that MU has more of a Line up of people to bring to the fight. Example of this would be, DC being the Spartans, and MU being the Persians (without the reinforcements at the end)

09-21-2011, 10:10 AM
Not really in the "good two shoes" superhero world Watchmen02 so I say DARK HORSE Watchmen02

The Goon and Hellboy would beat the crap out of all those fancy coloured stretchy pants wairing freaks Watchmen02

Just kidding, to each his own... it's like the entire Star Wars vs Star Trek endless discussion.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
09-21-2011, 03:05 PM
Star Wars would blow Star Trek to another dimension with the but woopin they would throw down on those trekies