Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DISTRICT-Z is Alive!
10-16-2013, 11:32 AM
RE: DISTRICT-Z is Alive!
Hey members if you haven't checked District-Z out, you should do so It's a cool game & backing is only $25.
The Project is in it's final weeks & still hasn't broken 50% yet. I'm not a big fan of Zombie Games nor of Card
Games but I sure would like to play District-Z,it's loaded with Theme & rules are tight.

Sarku has promised a major announcement today (it's not up yet but he's not a morning person) I hope it's
dinner with Hope (Crystal just scares the hell out of me for some reason).

Seriously check this out, I would love us to make this happen.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2013, 04:29 PM
Well Sarku finally rolled out of bed & gave the update...alas it has nothing to do with Hope.
He's added a 9 card expansion with the characters from the Brandi Bare comic for $5.

Now my last comic was Donald Duck in 1952 so I know nothing about Brandi Bare (double alas
she actually has a stuffed Bear so we do get a lot of Teen skin but no money shots) but the comic
drawings although well done do differ from the realistic Game Cards.

OD

10-17-2013, 11:29 AM
Sorry. No dinner with Hope. :-/

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-17-2013, 11:33 AM
TZG.com has 1600 members... If around 12% of my faithful followers would back District-Z, it'd be pretty much successful. I could use your help! I'd love to see this game make it.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
10-18-2013, 04:01 AM
I saw the game was just about to the half way mark so I had to pledge to push it over. It looks like a great game. Honestly, I was coming to this forum to promote the game, and then saw it was made by you. Impressive.
10-18-2013, 10:46 AM
The Carnival add on looks great....I couldn't help but up my pledge.
10-18-2013, 11:42 AM
(10-18-2013 10:46 AM)Sarge Wrote:  The Carnival add on looks great....I couldn't help but up my pledge.

Yes,I'll throw in the extra $5 to add to my pledge.

OD

10-18-2013, 03:32 PM
Done my bit, though the page still read "Shipping to USA" even though I'd chosen the Europe pledge option.

Good luck
10-19-2013, 06:57 PM
Thank you everybody!!! Watchmen02

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
10-20-2013, 01:55 AM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2013 02:09 AM by alderdust.)
Hey Sarku I wish you the best of luck in your kickstarter campaign I read about the game and watched the videos and decided the game wasn't for me, however I am happy for your success. If you are curious what may have enticed me to pledge and even at a higher amount keep reading... if the game would of included miniature heroes instead of portrait pictures that would of pulled me closer. Also I do not back kickstarter campaigns that have add ons....being a completist I want everything possible to receive to be within the initial pledge and the kickstarter stretch goals instead of increasing the funds to support the game.

I was a little worried about the dice matching mechanic...it would of been simpler if it was like risk and the highest numbers match up instead of choosing how to match them. I understand the humor behind the teddy bear item and trying to separate yourself from other zombie games with some unique items however I felt a lot of the wording on cards such as extra ammo is just a rip off of the exact text used in the LNOE games we all support here.

Anyways hopefully you take this as good criticism. The game looks fast but until I see the multiplayer demo I am on the fence maybe if it gets funded and is available ill get my copy at a later date.

You should look into running a contest on BGG to get the word out.
Best of luck mate!