Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dead Rising 2
12-31-2010, 06:17 PM
RE: Dead Rising 2
Played through this the last week, and absolutely loved it.

All the missions (including the main storyline) are optional, and there's a bunch of psychos (i.e mini-bosses) you can take on.

My only criticism is that it was far too easy. First play through I familiarised myself with the areas, rescued some survivors (who are far more intelligent and hard-wearing than in DR1). Levelled to about level 20. Second play through I nailed the story and virtually walked through overtime mode.

Biggest tip is to combine the fire axe in the safe house with the sledgehammer in the corridor on the way into the mall to create the Defiler. Then head for Palisades Mall ASAP and combine some boxing gloves with a Bowie knife for the Knife Gloves. All psychos are just a tad easier then.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2011, 01:19 AM
This game was a TON of fun. I'm going to download "Case West" as soon as I can.
01-04-2011, 08:54 PM
I just picked up the first Dead Rising about a week ago, and I really hope that the second game is a little better. I haven't gotten through the first day yet, because of how hard it is to find decent weapons.

Did they implement the item combining system well in the game? Like, are there a lot of combinations that you can make? That'd be the deciding factor as to whether I'd buy it.
01-04-2011, 10:47 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2011 10:49 PM by mqstout.)
Ranma, the game is short [DR1 -- not sure about 2]. It's meant to be played repeatedly. Each time the whole game passes by, you can start over again, but retain your level (and I believe some unlocks) you achieved previously. It's also an exploration game. As you learn your way around the mall and where weapons are, it gets much better. The game wasn't meant to have just one play through. It was designed this way.

Except the whole game is ruined by the @%*& convicts outside in the jeep who come back to life no matter how may times you kill them.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-05-2011, 09:08 PM
I think I managed to get the convicts to crash into a tree and they struggled to get out... then I sliced and diced with a katana and a battleaxe.

Case West was a little dissapointing. It was very short and there's not a whole lot to do other than kill some time with achievements. Mind you, for only 800 xbox points I'm not sure what else I should have expected. I've got Case Zero to hammer through yet, and I've been playing Dead Rising Mobile a little.
01-06-2011, 01:42 PM
(01-04-2011 10:47 PM)mqstout Wrote:  Ranma, the game is short [DR1 -- not sure about 2]. It's meant to be played repeatedly. Each time the whole game passes by, you can start over again, but retain your level (and I believe some unlocks) you achieved previously. It's also an exploration game. As you learn your way around the mall and where weapons are, it gets much better. The game wasn't meant to have just one play through. It was designed this way.

Except the whole game is ruined by the @%*& convicts outside in the jeep who come back to life no matter how may times you kill them.

I agree that the convicts are a pain. I mean, it wouldn't be bad if they stayed dead. It's also a little illogical. Are we supposed to believe that the shopping mall is connected to a Penitentiary with an unending supply of crazy convicts?

But back on topic of DR2. The photography thing is absent in the game, right? That would be a good thing. Focus on zombie batting practice.