Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Local LNOE Game Night?
06-16-2012, 01:43 AM
RE: Local LNOE Game Night?
(06-15-2012 05:32 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  BGG? Board Game Geek? I had to take a minute to figure that one out. I hadn't thought of that. I'll have to give that a try. Does BGG have a section for locating your local gaming groups? That sort of thing is exactly what I'm looking to find. That would be perfect. Find a bigger gaming group to start off with, then find a friend or two from that group who could meet separately.

I live in Hatboro, PA. It's basically suburban Philadelphia (in that Philly is the closest big city).

http://boardgamegeek.com/forum/53/boardg.../northeast

See if there's anything there that'll help. Watchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2012, 05:23 PM
That is great! Thanks! I will have to check that out, maybe even post my own thread. Thank you!
06-19-2012, 07:49 PM
Just a quick update!

Thanks again, everybody, for your input and advice. I actually posted a thread on BoardGameGeek, both in the section for my local area, and specifically in the Last Night On Earth section.

The message in my local area's board on BGG got a few responses. A couple were people who would be interested if I got something set up, and a couple others gave me leads on existing groups. Mind you, the groups are just board game groups in general. So, I don't know if they have ever even played LNOE. But, I'm sure I could bring the game along and see if I can create a few new fans!

So, definitely a few leads already for me to give a try. Hopefully I can find exactly what I am looking for, which is just at least one or two new friends I can play LNOE with on my own from time to time.
06-20-2012, 08:09 AM
Just a heads-up for you, StayPuft... Don't assume that just because you're going to a gaming group, that LNoE is going to be right for the group.

Look at what games they're playing. If the typical fare is Euro-style games (lots of wooden bits, dryer sorts of themes usually, etc.), then that group might not be right to spring zombies on right away. Don't shun them either, though; just because the *group* doesn't go for that sort of games, doesn't mean that the individual players wouldn't want to.

On the other hand, if you see dungeon-crawlers and generally games with lots of plastic pieces and dice being thrown... go for it, they'll be fine.

I take a lot of pride in that my own gaming group (which mostly relies on my game collection for what we play) has been trained to deal with either sort of game. Watchmen02
06-20-2012, 08:18 PM
Thanks a bunch for the advice Hikari. Trust me, I had definitely figured that. There are a WIDE range of different board games out there. Some people may be into some kinds, others may be into different kinds, and some people may be into just about anything. I figured as much. So, I know that I may get to a group only to see that they don’t really play games like Last Night On Earth.

If I find that to be the case, I think what I’d probably do is not try to get it played in the group, but just kind of explain to the group what it is and how you play. Then, if they are interested, we could try it, but if not, hopefully at least a member or two from the group is into zombies and/or that kind of game. Either way, I don’t lose anything by trying.