Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Double-handed weapons
07-03-2012, 09:57 PM
RE: Double-handed weapons
I would definitely say this is up to interpretation. However, I would lean towards thinking you have to immediately discard the extra weapon and cannot exchange it.

The reason I lean this way is because these are the cards the heroes are starting with at the beginning of the game. It is not during the hero turn. In fact, after dealing these initial cards, the zombie turn starts first. Since the rules state you cannot carry more than two weapons (or one double handed weapon which counts as two), I take this to mean you would therefore have to discard it. After all, my assumption is you cannot exchange until that part of the hero turn, but obviously you aren't allowed to just hold onto it until the hero turn.

But, again, that is just my thought on the matter. It is certainly up to interpretation.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2012, 04:30 AM
This is a hard one. Part of me wants to go 'well, zombie hand being over the hand size limit is dealt with during the next turn', but at the same time, this could definitely unbalance things...

Hrm. I don't have my rulebooks handy. Is the rule 'cannot carry more than two weapons' or 'cannot use more than two weapons'? I know in the case of lightweight characters, where they can't use guns other than the revolver, the characters *can* still carry the guns around, they just can't use them...
07-04-2012, 06:23 AM
(07-04-2012 04:30 AM)HikariStarshine Wrote:  This is a hard one. Part of me wants to go 'well, zombie hand being over the hand size limit is dealt with during the next turn', but at the same time, this could definitely unbalance things...

Hrm. I don't have my rulebooks handy. Is the rule 'cannot carry more than two weapons' or 'cannot use more than two weapons'? I know in the case of lightweight characters, where they can't use guns other than the revolver, the characters *can* still carry the guns around, they just can't use them...

The rulebook pp. 12 states A Hero may only carry up to 4 Items at a time. Only 2 of these Items may be Weapons.

I seem to recall a discussion on the starting cards issue where a guy from FFP came to clarify however I can't remember the outcome. It would be nice to see an official FAQ on this matter.

From a gameplay perspective I think that the Hero should be allowed to redraw. Discarding a card without getting to redraw would ruin the starting balance. Just keeping the item doesn't make sense either as there isn't supposed to be an exchange items phase in the beginning of the game as the zombie goes first.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-04-2012, 07:08 AM
From my point of view, the hero has found these items before joining with the others in the middle board, so he/she could not carry them all along, and since this can only happen with 2 handed weapons, maybe i don't have the expansions but i assume these weapons are much powerfull that they are equal to 2 cards, so i guess starting with a 2 handed weapon must be really cool for the hero and he should discard
07-04-2012, 04:42 PM
(05-11-2012 09:30 PM)alderdust Wrote:  This from flying frog wiki

Double-Handed

Some Hero Items are labeled as Double-Handed.

Double-Handed Items count as 2 Items toward a Hero's limit of 4. If the Double-Handed Item is a Weapon, either a Hand Weapon or Ranged Weapon, then it counts as 2 Weapons. This means that the Hero may not carry any other Weapons at the same time because of the 2 Weapon limit.

Sounds clear enough to me. The hero has to pick their favorite weapon and toss the other aside.
07-05-2012, 12:21 AM
Yeah this happened another time and we decided to just toss the one handed weapon and the hero only got to actually start the game with 1 card since the one handed weapon was discarded