Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Earth Reborn
02-17-2011, 10:53 PM
Earth Reborn
Anyone have this or played it? I am thinking of getting this to toss in the "Board Game Night" mix.

Players at boardgamegeek.com rate it a 8.63/10 and it has some favorable reviews

Game Set Up
[Image: plateaujeu142063431.jpg]

Minis
[Image: setcompleterpic787089md.jpg]

me love to paint minis
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2011, 11:51 PM
RE: Earth Reborn
Never heard of it, but it looks cool. Sci-Fi apparently. I am more of a Horror guy (GO figure) but I like my Sci-Fi too. I might check it out.
02-18-2011, 12:34 AM
(02-17-2011 11:51 PM)Gothicincarnation Wrote:  Never heard of it, but it looks cool. Sci-Fi apparently. I am more of a Horror guy (GO figure) but I like my Sci-Fi too. I might check it out.

Release date was Dec 2010

Quoted directly from their web site

"Earth Reborn is a miniature-based board game with infinite possibilities. The game simulates conflicts between emerging factions in a post-apocalyptic universe where each faction is looking to become the dominant force of the New Earth.
You control a squad of diverse characters, leading their journeys through rich story-based adventures and very specific missions.
The game features numerous innovative mechanics that go far beyond the usual move, shoot, and combat actions, thus propelling the game to the frontier between role playing games and board games.
A tutorial in nine richly developed scenarios gets you right in the middle of the action, allowing you to learn the rules progressively. Each scenario is a full game with high replayability value.
The board is modular to the extreme, allowing players to use their creativity to imagine and design new scenarios.
And to top it all, Earth Reborn features a unique and revolutionary Scenario Auto-Generating System (S.A.G.S.) that produces highly-engaging games every time, each different and with infinite combinations."

Big Box Game comes with

12 finely-sculpted miniatures and their color base
1 double-sided board frame
91 double-sided Floor tiles
12 double-sided Character cards
31 double-sided Equipment cards
36 Mission cards
48 Order tiles
6 Combat dice
6 Search dice
179 game tokens
4 Player Aid screens
1 Cloth bag
1 Rule Book
1 Background & Scenario Book
1 excellent storage tray

I think I am actually going to get this from my local game store tonight.
02-18-2011, 05:31 AM
Hummm... now I am a little more interested... What's it selling for?
02-18-2011, 06:13 AM
Selling for 82.95 CDN.
02-18-2011, 07:02 AM
(02-18-2011 06:13 AM)kay_dawg Wrote:  Selling for 82.95 CDN.

BARF!!!

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-18-2011, 07:19 AM
(02-18-2011 07:02 AM)Sarku Wrote:  

BARF!!!

Indeed.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
02-18-2011, 07:31 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2011 07:33 AM by vikinglad.)
(02-18-2011 07:19 AM)D153453D Wrote:  Indeed.

HA! D did it that time. Still funny. Indeed indeed.

I was just thinking how awesome this game looks, but that is a little expensive. I wish I knew someone who had it so I could try it out. There is a place by my house that hosts demos sometime; I will post a little something if I get to take a look. The mini's look great, and I am a sucker for that. It says it comes with 12, but I only see 11 pictured. Wonder who got left out. At least a couple look like they may be zeds?
02-18-2011, 09:20 AM

That's 84.31 USD... I've paid $80 for a board game before... but wow not often. Doom, sure, Starcraft no problem and those were $79.99 and I'm a fan of the video games... But over $80 for a random sci-fi game... Not so interested anymore.
02-18-2011, 06:34 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2011 06:36 PM by kay_dawg.)
Purchased last night from my local game store as a little B Day present to mahself.

This game is a monster, huge box and a crap ton of stuff. The minis are top quality and already come pre primed for painting. The board components are top shelf too.

The game is set up with 9 scenarios that basically take you through the stages of the game covering all aspects. Scenario 1 opens with the basics and then as you move to the next one it teaches you more and more.

The price was alright in my mind, since LoNE + GH + Hero Pack 1 + SoTF and other addons cost me much more. This game has tossed it all in rather than add an expansion at a later date.

Since I like painting my minis first, it will be a little while before I get some game time in.....who am I kidding, our gaming group wants to roll on this asap. I guess we are playing the first few with 28mm white primed figs, which is a shame since these things painted look dope

[Image: earth-reborn-jacksaw.jpg]