Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Elder Sign
06-30-2012, 10:35 PM
RE: Elder Sign
have tried to reply 3x now about dice games (sigh)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-22-2012, 07:57 AM
My friends and I started playing this game about a year ago now and we loved it at first, I still do and own the game, but we realized that it was a bit too easy. Every game that we played we won, some times with very little fear or loss. I have been trying to find in the rules if we have been playing it wrong but every where I look makes me think that we were not. I totally recommend this game but try it before you buy it.
09-22-2012, 10:02 PM
(09-22-2012 07:57 AM)Karden5048 Wrote:  My friends and I started playing this game about a year ago now and we loved it at first, I still do and own the game, but we realized that it was a bit too easy. Every game that we played we won, some times with very little fear or loss. I have been trying to find in the rules if we have been playing it wrong but every where I look makes me think that we were not. I totally recommend this game but try it before you buy it.

are you moving the clock correctly?

it doesn't move by the hour.. when it ticks it goes 12-3-6-9-12-etc not 12-1-2-3-4-5 etc.

first games we played we did single hour ticks and it was easy too...
09-23-2012, 12:03 AM
We play a random movement varient which makes things more difficult.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
09-23-2012, 06:07 AM
No we were playing the clock moves to every 3rd hour, every 4 turns its midnight. Maybe we have just been getting really lucky.

How do you do random locations? If I had to guess you just draw them as you explore.
09-24-2012, 12:30 PM
you can always not flipt he cads face up.. butt hat also prvents locked dice at setup and special occurences as well.
09-24-2012, 02:30 PM
As an Arkham player this game has a place on my shelf,

Sometimes i need that itch scratched but only have 1 hour, and this does it.. and second.. My wife loves it. This makes it a keeper...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-24-2012, 06:36 PM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2012 06:36 PM by soundguy.)
yep.. my group plays arkham as well.. but when 5-6 of us play and use all the expansions.. it is an all day game.. Watchmen02

this one has the flavor but less calories.. Watchmen02
yep.. my group plays arkham as well.. but when 5-6 of us play and use all the expansions.. it is an all day game.. Watchmen02

this one has the flavor but less calories.. Watchmen02
09-25-2012, 01:04 AM
Yeah we all love arkham horror too and this game is exactly the way that you have both said. I am actually going to arkham horror nights with Fantasy Flight Games and I can't wait to play it with new people, and also arkham horror and mansions of madness.
09-25-2012, 01:26 PM
on MOM a maniac chased one of our group around quite a while.. Watchmen02