Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ever play "Zombies!!!" by Twilight Creations?
08-17-2012, 09:59 AM
RE: Ever play "Zombies!!!" by Twilight Creations?
I agree with you Varkias, after having tried Zombies!!!, finding it lacking, and then getting hit by Last Night on Earth is like...

Well, I find no reason to look back to lesser games.

The big difference (besides rules and gameplay) is the theme. LNoE hit the theme I wanted from a Zed game, the feel of horror and puny heroes, that only get to win if they play really well. A game where zombies are hard to kill, and you dont have army guys running around with M16 rifles, but where every shot counts. Thats why I love Last Night on Earth, as it is much more of a survival game than an action game.

Cheerio,
ST

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2012, 07:25 PM
(08-17-2012 12:33 AM)Sharkey Wrote:  Thanks for the post, StayPuft! I had been looking at Zombies!!! as well this week, but from what I read it seemed like I should just stick with LNOE. Seems like it's the right thing to do after hearing your experience with it. =)

Yeah, from my experience, it is definitely not one I'd recommend you rush out and buy right away. If you find it for sale for a good price somewhere, I'd say pick it up for the heck of it. But, it isn't one I'd say is a must own. It seems like a lot of folks don't recommend this game AT ALL. I don't quite think it was THAT bad. LOL! But, that can give you some idea of what you may think. Seems not a lot of folks liked it.

(08-17-2012 05:46 AM)Varkias Wrote:  I first played Zombies!!! back in 2000 or so. We found it to be rules light, very beer-and-pretzel-ly, and usually started to wear thin about halfway through. There are a TON of house rules and modifications online to complement (or replace) the game play, but the base game never interested me enough to bother to try any (or to pick up more than the initial card expansion).

Yeah, this sums up prett well how we felt about it. About halfway through, maybe a little longer, we were just ready to have it be over. One of our guys who owns all the expansions for LNOE also owns Zombies!!! and all of its expansions. He said that a lot of people use house rules and stuff like that to improve the game. Honestly, I like when you can make up your own custom stuff for a game (one of the things I LOVE about LNOE), but if you have to make up custom rules just to actually enjoy the game, then it doesn't seem like it is that good to begin with. LOL!

(08-17-2012 09:59 AM)SovTech Wrote:  I agree with you Varkias, after having tried Zombies!!!, finding it lacking, and then getting hit by Last Night on Earth is like...

Well, I find no reason to look back to lesser games.

The big difference (besides rules and gameplay) is the theme. LNoE hit the theme I wanted from a Zed game, the feel of horror and puny heroes, that only get to win if they play really well. A game where zombies are hard to kill, and you dont have army guys running around with M16 rifles, but where every shot counts. Thats why I love Last Night on Earth, as it is much more of a survival game than an action game.

Cheerio,
ST

I agree with you very much so here. Especially in the theme feeling off in Zombies!!! Again, like I mentioned, to me the most glaring case of this is only allowing one zombie per space. I mean, I guess maybe this is because the game has SO many zombies in it, but that still seems very off. When have you EVER known zombies to attack one by one? LOL!

I also agree with you on this... I don't want it to be OVERLY hard to kill zombies, but in "Zombies!!!" it felt a little too easy. I mean, these are still zombies we are talking about. It should be a bit of a struggle.
08-23-2012, 12:55 AM
I did play in one memorable game of Zombies! where a player was able to throw a grenade on the helicopter tile to clear it off, and then got on the helicopter to win the game. With that sort of ending, everyone thought it was a pretty cool win. Watchmen02
09-09-2012, 11:22 PM
I played Zombies, which also led me to LNOE. It is a fun game if you are into screwing over everyone else to be the only survivor. Twilight Creations made another game called Zombie Survival Game. The cool thing about that game in rolling dice into the box lid which has a picture of a zombie in it with a large circle around the head. You kill the zombie by landing your dice into the circle.
09-09-2012, 11:41 PM
zombies!!! is what it is its just a fun game with a lot of exspansions that you can have a good bit of competitive fun with freinds and laugh as you add to their misfortune of picking up the card that lets u place a loads of zombies in the building your freind is standing in (snigger) and no it wont compare to the likes of LNOE coz its such an addictive awesome game but zombies in my opinion is great fun and worth a try if you havent already.