Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ever want to put a timer on a player?
02-28-2012, 09:17 PM
RE: Ever want to put a timer on a player?
I'm thinking it about doing this too... my group sometimes take about 7 ~ 13 minutes to perform 1 hero round... usually taking about 5 minutes or so to some players...

It simply kills the atmosphere...

Timer on them...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-29-2012, 02:32 PM
Hi,

Yah know...im kinda of agreeing with this. No i would not recommend this as a normal or regular thing to do...but yeah. I know those player who will take forever to think about what to do. and im like..well why dont you roll for movement and that will help you decide your choices..grrr yes i do agree.

and im kinda in agree ment with j0hnnn, im liking a maximum of 10 minutes per turn.

so whats the penalty ? are you really gonna make them stop right then and end their turn ? make them lose an item ? that will take more time to decide. grrr

Longest turn card to play in 3rd edition (non official) - BoardGameGeek
Apr 13, 2008 ... Longest turn card to play in 3rd edition (non official) ... Where's the "Biggest
Whiner" card? 1 · Thumb up · tip; Thumb up. Posted Fri Dec 5, 2008 ...

boardgamegeek.com/image/321561 - Cached - Similar

Chess has a time clock ? But sometimes making a Zombie movie takes longer in production then scheduled....

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
02-29-2012, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 02-29-2012 07:13 PM by Wade.)
If you can't figure it out in (whatever time limit imposed) then you are frozen with fear and lose your turn. Zombie03

There's an old saying in the military, "A good decision made quickly is much better than a perfect decision made too late."
02-29-2012, 09:47 PM
(02-29-2012 07:10 PM)Wade Wrote:  There's an old saying in the military, "A good decision made quickly is much better than a perfect decision made too late."

I love that saying.

In the event of a Zombie Apocalypse please do the following:
1. Grab a buddy
2. Grab guns
3. Start shooting
03-01-2012, 07:18 AM
everyturn is a bit excessive. but when its some players first time playing, helping them use their cards to their full potential takes time. afterall we want them to come back to play and get teh hang of it quick. i still dont think ive had a game where i havnt helped the opposing player make a better move.

but at the same time, to add to what wade's quote: go with your gut instinct, dont overthink.
03-01-2012, 05:34 PM
(03-01-2012 07:18 AM)Korn1237 Wrote:  everyturn is a bit excessive. but when its some players first time playing, helping them use their cards to their full potential takes time. afterall we want them to come back to play and get teh hang of it quick. i still dont think ive had a game where i havnt helped the opposing player make a better move.

ohhh I am awesome sweet, kind, patient, and very helpful to new players. I want them to understand how the game works, stratageys, tricks, what ever they want to or not want to know. I will explain in detail to help them learn and win a game.

It no fun smashing someone if they dont know how to play the game.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
03-03-2012, 04:40 AM
I am also a huge chess fan and love the chess clock idea. You set the clock to give you a total amount of time per side (hero or zombie) and if you take to long on this turn you better hurry up next turn or at the end of the game you will be really short on time. I don't know if this should be used every time but it could make some games a little more interesting.

Another variation on the chess clock is speed chess. It has a very short turn time limit (as opposed to a game time limit per side) it could make for a very frantic game.

As long as we are complaining about other players I would like to say that I hate it when something is going on in the background (mostly tv) and they get distracted for min on end it is very frustrating. I would like to force lightning the tv into oblivion but I feel it would be very rude. (I am a very polite ruler of the galaxy).

Through victory my chains are broken.
03-29-2012, 10:15 PM
For the most part just try to make sure everyone knows to try to play swiftly enough where they aren't slowing the game down. Sometimes there are tough decisions to be made which need a few more moments, though. Best bet is to just set ground-rules before you play and hopefully you're playing which nice enough people where they'll respect said rules!
05-22-2012, 05:38 PM
We have one particular player who thinks for a loooonnnngggggg time. I just move to the next player, and tell him his character is stunned by the end of the world. Over our usual 3 game sessions he speeds up.
Anyway, I think the heroes get plenty of time to think during the zombie turn anyway!
05-24-2012, 02:00 AM
(02-28-2012 09:17 PM)j0hnnn Wrote:  I'm thinking it about doing this too... my group sometimes take about 7 ~ 13 minutes to perform 1 hero round... usually taking about 5 minutes or so to some players...

It simply kills the atmosphere...

Timer on them...

Damn. That's insane! More or search! DO IT!!

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."