Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Expanding the zombie horde
06-22-2012, 07:12 PM
Expanding the zombie horde
Has anyone of you fine zombie folks experimented with expanding the horde further than 21 zeds?

If so how many did you add? Did you balance the game (dots?)? How did you decide on the "roll to spawn" and the number of zeds during the spawn step?

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2012, 07:33 PM
RE: Expanding the zombie horde
(06-22-2012 07:12 PM)scarydk Wrote:  Has anyone of you fine zombie folks experimented with expanding the horde further than 21 zeds?

If so how many did you add? Did you balance the game (dots?)? How did you decide on the "roll to spawn" and the number of zeds during the spawn step?

Hey scarydk,

This link goes to a post of mine in the variants section. I was intrigued by the idea of a larger zombie horde and I wrote a scenario called "Final Wave". I did balance the larger zombie pool with some bonuses for the heroes and my theme was that the zombies were making one last effort to eat brains before they decomposed. So in keeping with that theme, my scenario has special fight rules that make the zombies weaker as the game progresses.

Final Wave custom scenario

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
Find all posts by this user
06-22-2012, 08:12 PM
Thanks GC2k. It looks like you've put alot of thought into this. I'm definitely going to try this.

06-22-2012, 08:33 PM
(06-22-2012 08:12 PM)scarydk Wrote:  Thanks GC2k. It looks like you've put alot of thought into this. I'm definitely going to try this.

When I was first writing the scenario, I considered using 35 zombies but after playing it several times with 28 zombies I'm glad I restrained myself! When all 28 are on the board it really is a massive horde and there are not many ways for a hero to move without running into a zed.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
06-22-2012, 11:08 PM
(06-22-2012 08:33 PM)goodcop2000 Wrote:  When I was first writing the scenario, I considered using 35 zombies but after playing it several times with 28 zombies I'm glad I restrained myself! When all 28 are on the board it really is a massive horde and there are not many ways for a hero to move without running into a zed.

That's been a concern of mine so I'm glad to hear your thoughts on this. Even with 28 minis not counting Heroes one would think the board would get pretty crowded. An impressive sight but maybe a bit confusing during the Move step. Also the board has some size limitations worth considering when going large.

06-23-2012, 10:23 AM
I'm so, so tempted to break out my thrifted Mall Madness set and play a round of Last Night at the Mall with my group, but... if I unleashed all of my zeds on the board, I'd be at a horde of 56... and that's if I don't grab any of my non-LNoE zed minis.