Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FANG figures painted
02-12-2012, 01:13 PM
FANG figures painted
alrighty kiddies

here are my figures for FANG, applied the ATOE stony way (black primer, paint the face and hands, highlight with space wolves grey and then devlan mud wash it all )...pretty simple but effective

the basses...which are just as important as the figures

the heroes : boltgun metal, devlan mud wash, highlight edges with silver
the villains : tin blitz, devlan mud wash, highlight edges with gold
nazi's en mobsters : dark angels green mixed with a metallic medium, devlan mud wash, highlight edges with a lighter shade of the dark angels green mixed earlier (adding more of the metallic medium does the trick)

the coins : white primer, gold, and again mud wash it all to give it that ancient look

temples: just improvise Watchmen02

that's pretty much it for how i painted everything
note that you wait long enough for the paint to dry, I rushed it a bit for some figures and the hands and the faces were not completely dry yet wen i started mud washing them

playing next week for the first time...ow yeah...better read the rules again Zombie03

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2012, 01:42 PM
RE: FANG figures painted
Gotta get mine done......those coins really stand out with a paint job.I had not considered
painting them before,but seeing yours I think I will.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
02-12-2012, 05:20 PM
Wow! Very nicely done!
I am a big fan of the variety within uniformity. Bet it looks real nice on the board.
02-12-2012, 09:02 PM
Great job. Love the coins especially. Would never have thought to do them.
02-13-2012, 08:10 PM
(02-12-2012 09:02 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  Great job. Love the coins especially. Would never have thought to do them.

thx V.
I haven't painted them all...yet, I'm afraid to use a spraycan because maybe I'll lose some of the detail of the coins, figures stand up, with the coins they just lay flat so I'm just gonna paint them using a brush, better safe then sorry Zombie03

grts
02-14-2012, 08:34 PM
Good job there Kidd. I would be happy to game with those pieces. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!
02-23-2012, 07:46 AM
Really good job with this technique.
02-23-2012, 09:15 AM
Awesome job there brother!
Wanneer spelen we!?

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-19-2012, 07:02 PM
Excellent work! I am currently finally getting ready to paint mine.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
05-14-2012, 10:21 PM
Nice stuff. I'm getting ready to start on mine. I'm not much of a painter. I really started proper recently w/ the LNOE figs. I just started yesterday w/ the Fortune coins. I'm just brushing the Minwax Polystain Antique Walnut Finish on used in the "dip" method on figures & they're coming out great so far.

I especially love what you did with the Temples. I'd seen other pic's of ones done in different colors, but didn't like the color schemes, so I was just going to do mine in white w/ a wash.brush of the above, but I like your color schemes. They're distinct, but still look "pyramid-y". Zombie17
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"