Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FFP pursuing digital version of LNOE
02-10-2011, 06:01 AM
RE: FFP pursuing digital version of LNOE
(02-10-2011 04:04 AM)Russ Wrote:  Wow, that got seriously corny by the end! LOL!

I am so not going to comment on that. But I want to... a lot. Just so everyone knows. Insane21

(02-10-2011 04:04 AM)Russ Wrote:  Getting back on topic,

Best idea I've heard all day.

(02-10-2011 04:04 AM)Russ Wrote:  I am super psyched at the prospect of a PC, (or console,) version of LNoE! Say...I wonder if they'll get the original actors from the game to play out some cut scenes for the different scenarios!

I can't get psyched up about it yet. 1st it is a consideration they are making not a fact. 2nd depends on where they release it, PC cool, PS2 alright, NDS nice, anything else I could care less cause I'll never see it. 3rd, and finally, we have no real idea how they would do it if they did... heck they could make it a FPS instead of a strategy game, or an RPG (which I wouldn't be opposed to. We don't have enough Zombie RPGs. But not LNOE please.) RTS games are going out unfortunately, only StarCraft II is keeping them alive at this point really. But it would be great if a Video Game version of LNOE was a direct translation of the the board game... But would it sell to anyone other than us fans? That's the point. If a corperate entity involved doesn't think it will sell to a large audiance, it won't be made that way... It will be "Spiced-Up" for the Video Gaming Crowd, not the Board Gaming Crowd. That would be sad too...
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2011, 07:52 AM
I got this mental picture in my head about the PC version of the game is gonna be a hybrid with the boardgame and Fallout 1-2.
Atleast thats what i think would be cool Watchmen02

Just as in fallout 1-2 you see the board from an isometric view, where you could zoom out to get a greater view of the board (like what we see now when we play LNOE.)
And then Zoom back in to the isometric view so it feels like your "inside" of the boardgame, move the character around, entering houses like the "Diner" and "Hospital" etc..

Not really sure how to make it turn based like the boardgame thou.. maybe also like in F.O you get this action points to spend, like moving, searching, fight etc til your A.P is spent and the turn is over?
Or just click on the dices and watch the result?

And ofcourse the game must have alot of blood and gore. Creepy music and alot of cool zombies..

What fails in my vision is how the Zombie card and all other cards is gonna be played, dont think it will work that great in that isometric view.. if you couldnt maybe zoom out to the boardgame view and take a card and read it..
haha fook i dont know.. just brainstorming with myself lol

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.
Find all posts by this user
02-10-2011, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2011 11:41 AM by deadrabbit.)
heres for hoping its a 1 for 1 carbon copy that i can play with with my boys from tzg.
(02-08-2011 11:21 PM)BrainManiac Wrote:  I don't know why but I'd bet a bunch of $$$ that this digital version will be available for Ipad only Insane19

then i geuss im getting an ipad, and on top of that im gunna of you money. great.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
02-10-2011, 08:18 PM
I WOULD LOVE a carbon copy so tzg can get some stuff going on. It shouldn't be terribly hard as a board game isn't graphic intensive except art, which is already done.

I can already see a tournament style where points are given at the end of a game for each trigger done. IE: hero killed, zombie hero killed, zombie/4 killed, and at the end of 10 games 5zombie/5 hero, the player with the most points wins. Would be so awesome. :P