Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Feedback for FFP?
08-14-2013, 10:05 AM
Feedback for FFP?
Hey guys,

I wonder if there's a way for us to give feedback to FFP. Right now, with the long lull between releases, I wish FFP would follow Wizkids' approach prior to new releases. Wizkids is the company that releases Marvel and DC Heroclix, and what they months before the release of a new Heroclix set is publish previews of new figures every week.

I think it'd work for FFP - wouldn't it be nice to have a Hero card and a Zombie card to be previewed every week? That'd give us something to talk about and maybe increase the hype. I'm not familiar with FANG (wonder why they didn't call it FAG for Fortune And Glory heheh) but showing us previews of the various cards in that game would probably work as well.

Upper Deck Entertainment did the same when they were still releasing VS System cards, and I can imagine the same for most other CCG companies. FFP/Jason, I hope you're listening!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2013, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2013 02:34 PM by mqstout.)
RE: Feedback for FFP?
I prefer less frequent bursts like FFP does, than constant trickles like other companies do. *shrug*

Also, I like NOT knowing the detail of the contents before I play it. I like the surprise. Hell, I'm sure there are still some city cards in FANG I haven't seen yet, as often as Just Another Day In the City comes up and reshuffles. (I don't read the cards -- especially for expansions -- before play, except a few to get the hang.)
08-14-2013, 04:21 PM
Haha, to each his own I guess. I dunno, with the lack of updates, there's really not a lot to talk about, but I personally enjoy talking about a preview here and there.
08-14-2013, 10:40 PM
(08-14-2013 04:21 PM)LabRat Wrote:  Haha, to each his own I guess. I dunno, with the lack of updates, there's really not a lot to talk about, but I personally enjoy talking about a preview here and there.

Agreed. But I think they like to let the anticipation act as its own sort of PR...?

Oh well, we can still talk about nipples & bad ex's anyway. Freak02

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
Find all posts by this user
08-15-2013, 12:21 AM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2013 12:21 AM by LabRat.)
MS: I don't know man. If I were to compare the activity and discussions here, versus what I experienced back in my Heroclix/VS System playing days, there was so much buzz whenever new information was revealed. And here? There's not much buzz at all.

Remember when info on Blood in the Forest was released? Posts, talks, speculations. And now, we don't have much to talk about.

Oh and what kind of feedback do you guys want to give to FFP? That's really the purpose of the topic, not just my initial feedback but maybe there's something you want FFP to hear.
08-15-2013, 12:31 AM
Fair enough points. To play devils advocate though, anything LNOE gets a lot more attention than anything else. I'm looking forward to the FanG expansions, but don't really have a lot to say about them.

As far as feedback TO FFP...hmm...I'd still like to see a Slasher Movie themed game built off of the LNOE engine. I'd like to see a Modern Horror investigation game built off the ATOE one. An Action Movie themed game would/could be great fun too. A detective/mystery/serial killer/Red Dragon/Silence of the Lambs/CSI type game would be fun too.

Or are you looking for feedback more on the games already out, business practices, market strategy, & the like? Cuz I got nuttin' there...

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
08-15-2013, 01:56 AM
It would be nice to get more solid release dates on things. Maybe a few teaser photos every now and then. FFP is always so quite about what is going on. More info would be nice, even if it was interviews with fans on facebook, boardgamegeek, or better yet this site.

I feel like the frog lets us know something is coming out, shows us one photo and one short video then a whole lot of nothing. This well not stop me from buying everything they make but more info is always nice.

Si Vis Pacem, para bellum.
Tulta munille
08-15-2013, 03:42 AM
I too would like to get more info from the frog. I know blood in the forest is meant to be out and I've tried to pre order from a UK based company but nothing doing. We're all crazy about FFP games and we're the biggest sole fansite of their games. Aghh give us more you secretive frog!
08-15-2013, 09:36 AM
Well now you've got your wish - Dark Gothic!
08-15-2013, 03:43 PM
And look at the activity on this forum after the announcement Watchmen02