Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Few custom hero's
07-19-2011, 02:56 AM
Few custom hero's
A couple heroes that my group has made up.

Mr. L, High School Geology Teacher

Dig - On a roll of 5+ can search outside, if he rolls below 5, he may still move.
Use a Rock - May re-roll one of his own fight dice.
Wound, Wound, dead.

Ignatius, The Firefighter

Starts the game with a Fire Axe and Fire Extinguisher
Rescuer - May Carry a hero up to 2 spaces if they start on his space, and may move through walls with a -1 modifier to his movement roll.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2011, 12:57 PM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2011 12:58 PM by samuraitrev.)
RE: Few custom hero's
Hi Bunzato. You have some cool ideas there. I take it you've gamed with them. How did they do? The searching outside for Mr. L and Ignatius' ability to go through walls are very powerful.

For Mr. L. I would have a search again on a 6+ (this is still quite good) coupled with his combat reroll.

For Ignatius I would keep his ability providing he has his Fire Axe. This works both thematically (how's he getting out without his axe?) This also ensures he could still eventually get trapped. I think these minor tweaks with your fantastic ideas could bring about more balanced characters.
07-19-2011, 09:26 PM
RE: Few custom hero's
Well, in play, they have worked fairly well, Mr. L tends to roll terribly on his outside search checks, it's rare that he gets to search outside more than twice a game.

And Ignatius, he is a character who has a horrible habit of dying early in the game before his abilities are able to manifest themselves in any overpowered way, however, I will see what my friends think about your ideas, heh.

Thanks! Watchmen02