Hi everyone! TheZombieGame.com will be shutting it's doors on 24 May 2024. This page has been going for years and years and it's time for me to stop spending money on it. See you in another life!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Finally...FanG Minions & Temples
05-13-2013, 07:34 PM
Finally...FanG Minions & Temples
It has taken me a while but I have finally taken my first plunge into model painting. I didn't really consider my ATOE models as true painting because I simply did a coat and then a wash.

I used Vallejo model paints with loew-cornell golden taklon brushes. The only frustration I had was with the fine detail brushed I had a very hard time getting controlled lines (see the bands on the mobsters hats or the swastika on the zeppelin). However, all in all, I am happy I went forth and painted the models.

BTW my photographs are not that good, I know. the flash kept on going off which washed the figures horribly, and my only lighting was a florescent lamp.

I will accept any constructive criticism you may offer. I am trying to learn here, and I feel the only way to learn is to try, then try again. So, bring it on!

Enjoy!

[Image: normal_IMG_5808.JPG] [Image: normal_IMG_5810.JPG] [Image: normal_IMG_5821.JPG]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2013, 10:43 PM
RE: Finally...FanG Minions & Temples
Interesting choice, making the temples differently-colored. Do you plan to use them to replace the skull markers on the board?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-14-2013, 12:15 PM
I like the Nazi Henchmen and the two-tone Mobster bases - very clever ;-)
05-14-2013, 01:42 PM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2013 01:44 PM by Wasteland Jack.)
(05-13-2013 10:43 PM)mqstout Wrote:  Interesting choice, making the temples differently-colored. Do you plan to use them to replace the skull markers on the board?

At first I was, but then I kind of drifted off track. Hindsight, it would have made them easier to discern but it is what it is.

(05-14-2013 12:15 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  I like the Nazi Henchmen and the two-tone Mobster bases - very clever ;-)

Thanks, I wanted them to stand out a bit on the board. However I did notice that the Nazi henchmen arrows are drowned a bit in the green base.
05-14-2013, 03:03 PM
These look great, job well done indeed! I still need to get my FanG stuff painted. I've had them primed for nearly a year now
05-21-2013, 02:13 PM
Well get on it. Especially because you were my inspiration on painting my ATOE models.

I have Col. Stahl, Tresa, Herr Tuffel done.

Started Vanessa Love last night, almost done. Eddie and Franco shouldn't be too tough.

I am attempting to paint all models before the big move. After that it may be some time before I am able to set up a new painting studio.
05-24-2013, 04:11 PM
Here come the villains.

First the Nazi's...

While I am happy with the results, I realize after the fact that the highlighting really didn't come out well and Herr Tufel looks like a blind preacher.

[Image: IMG_5831.JPG]