Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Finally got Growing Hunger!
07-29-2011, 06:30 PM
Finally got Growing Hunger!
Woohoo! We played our first game with expansion rules and cards last night. Strangely enough, we didn't actually play a GH scenario. TrollandToad.com, which sold us the expansion for $22, saw fit to throw in the Stock Up supplement for free with the order, so we did Stock Up, but used dot rules to add in free search and grave dead.

Unfortunately, the heroes got a little jittery about engaging with the grave dead (who were spawned, one turn at a time, entirely in and around the storehouse, since the random building landed on zombie's choice, and the zombies chose The Plant), and they waited too long to make a run for the Storehouse. I have a feeling I'll have to work a little harder for my victory next time we do that scenario, but I think we're going to try Plague Carriers on our next playthrough (the players had narrowed down scenarios to either Plague Carriers or Stock Up).

Looking forward to many more games, and making use of the extra rules.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2011, 01:02 AM
RE: Finally got Growing Hunger!
Damn. 22$ and a free supplement? Nice going.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
07-30-2011, 03:29 AM
That is a hell of a deal you got there.
09-15-2011, 07:05 AM
Sounds a bit dodgy. $22 for the game is too good to be true. Why so cheap? The site says they only ship to PO Boxes too. Weird.

Reviews of movies, games, tv shows etc found here for all geeks: Reviews with Jables and Quantom Watchmen01
09-15-2011, 01:06 PM
Only PO Boxes? That's news to me, as I don't have a PO Box - they didn't have a problem shipping straight to my house. Most of their business is buying and selling used gaming paraphernalia, but the set we got seemed to be brand new.
09-15-2011, 01:06 PM
wow, awesome deal !!!

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
09-15-2011, 02:40 PM
Can you share any details with us on how you got such a good deal?
09-15-2011, 08:34 PM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2011 08:33 PM by Pred.)
Yeah dude, I'm looking to buy Growing Hunger really soon, think I'd get the same deal if I bought from them?

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
09-15-2011, 08:48 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2011 08:48 PM by thanatos.)
The only pertinent details are in the post already Watchmen02 - I bought it through trollandtoad.com, and I only ordered the GH expansion, but somehow it arrived with the contents of the Stock Up supplement inside the box (all the cards for both GH and SU were still wrapped, the extra zombies were still wrapped, and the punch-outs were still attached to the cardboard, so it seems like someone just opened up the box and stuck the SU supplement inside).

Needless to say, my group was very happy to have the extra supplement for free Zombie17

They are out of stock on Growing Hunger again, but they still have it listed for $22.99.
10-09-2011, 05:09 AM
wow, very cool. wish i saw this deal before i got the GH expansion myself.