Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Free Search-Search Clarification Help
12-19-2011, 07:24 PM
RE: Free Search-Search Clarification Help
Posted by mqstout - Today 03:14 PM
I forgot about Stacy's spawning pit bit. She'd get three.

Now Im totally confused, but whats new ???

Hi, ok I understand Stacy getting the spawning pit draw.

I do not understand how a hero, already in a building with a free search marker can-

Search normally and use the Free search Marker.

The rules say, you can as your Move Action to Move or Search

page 18 Search- Instead of Moving.......

So a hero has given up their Move to Search.

Yes ? No ?

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2011, 10:58 AM
the growing hunger rulebook states "A Free Search Marker may only be used if the Hero actually moves for their move action (not if they Search or use some other Move action). So Stacey could use her ability or move and use the search marker but not both.
12-20-2011, 02:35 PM
Thank you, cantujalone. We need to get the GH rulebook up here so I can reference it when I'm not home. Watchmen02
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-20-2011, 03:41 PM
Hi, so I had to read last night, and my brain still hurts !!!!!

So, yes. The Move Action is Move or Search
Free Search Marker states like cantujalone says.

Posted by cantujalone - Today 06:58 AM
the growing hunger rulebook states "A Free Search Marker may only be used if the Hero actually moves for their move action (not if they Search or use some other Move action). So Stacey could use her ability or move and use the search marker but not both

Now, for the typical FFP Rules. Stacy's card reads "move".
Back of Hero Pack 1 states Stacy Draws a Hero card when she ends her "Move Action" on a Spawning Pit. So, yes Stacy does get 2 cards when searching.

1 for a seach and another for ending her move action on a spawning pit. OR ending her move in a building with a free search maker and another for ending her move action on a spawning pit

OR 1 card for ending her move action on a spawning pit. basically any spawning pit is a free search marker for stacy.

Typical hero can Move and collect a free search marker OR instead of using a Move, can Search in a building they are already in.

Tic-Tac-Toe was never this hard....Yet!, no where near as much fun !!!!

12-20-2011, 06:27 PM
In this case, I guess it would be best to do a normal search, then end on top of the spawn pit for the extra search, leaving the free search for later when you might need it.
12-20-2011, 08:27 PM
(12-20-2011 06:27 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  In this case, I guess it would be best to do a normal search, then end on top of the spawn pit for the extra search, leaving the free search for later when you might need it.

shhhhhh I totally support that, but love it when a silly Hero wants to flip the marker anyway - possible plus is the "Hero Found" - odds will say its a Free Search wasted or Surprise, maybe some nice lemon cake or a nice hot cup of zombie.