Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Game Report: Custom Scenario in progress
09-24-2011, 12:32 AM
RE: Game Report: Custom Scenario in progress
Well, they drive around it if the first vehicle to be fueled didn't break, but yes, Victor is untouchable until both barriers are destroyed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-25-2011, 01:37 AM
I will be honest with you, this sounds like a very awkward scenario. That means victor is scrambling to break open a safe, while 8 heroes are attacking and there are only 21 zombies to slow down the heroes, you should have atleast 28 zombies and they should be autospawn to make it any challenge for the heroes.
09-25-2011, 03:12 AM
Well, if there were more zombies available, I would definitely use them, given the number of heroes in play. We haven't had a chance to try the scenario with autospawn all the way through yet, but we have been considering it heavily.
10-04-2011, 06:26 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2011 06:29 PM by thanatos.)
OK, so we've tweaked things up a little bit. Last game, we set up so that the villains started with the heroes, Victor, being the safe-cracker, had to both find and crack the safe and could do nothing else until the safe was open, and Jake, being his "backup," could search, trade items to Victor if he so chooses, and move around to reinforce barricades. We also set up so that the zombies autospawned right from the start.

I feel like this made the scenario much more tense. I made it a requirement to roll a 4+ to find the safe, and then a requirement to make 3 rolls of 5+ to crack the safe (I want the crack to be difficult - I prefer to force him to use the dynamite). Victor starts with the dynamite in hand with a rule requiring him to use it immediately on the safe if a MANSION barricade (not a level barricade) is breached - it cannot be used before the mansion is breached. If the safe is successfully cracked, Victor claims the book and is invisible to all zombies. In addition to the protective properties, the book may be used to summon zombies into the same space as Victor on a roll of 4 (1 zombie), 5 (2 zombies), or 6 (3 zombies). Victor may keep the dynamite for use as a weapon.

If dynamite is used, the safe is breached without damaging the book on a roll of 5-6, breached but nullifies the book's protective properties on a roll of 3-4, or breached but destroys the book on a roll of 1-2, instantly spawning a zombie in every space of the manor house (remove zombies from other spaces on the board if there are not enough in the zombie pool). In addition, if a 3-4 is rolled to breach the safe, a D6 is rolled at the end of each villain movement phase. On a roll of 4, 5, or 6, zombies are summoned into the bookholder's space and that player must fight all zombies in his space.

Upon defeating the villains, the heroes may claim the book. If the book is damaged, the possessing hero must make the same D6 roll to summon zombies. If the book is UNDAMAGED, the possessing hero may make a D6 roll and BANISH one zombie on a roll of 5+.

Last night, the villains got the book on a 3-4 roll, but Victor went down at the hands of the heroes pretty quickly. Fortunately, Jake was in the same space, so he was able to claim the book and make a run for it, but the zombies threw a locked door in his face right as he tried to make his escape and the hero horde descended on him. If it hadn't been for the locked door, Jake might very well have been able to make it.

Still playtesting, but this is getting fun Zombie17
If it seems like the odds are stacked a little unfairly against Victor and Jake...well...they are. These are the characters who turn on the group in the zombie flick and die, whether because a zombie snuck up and dragged them through a window or because one of the heroes catches them and puts a bullet in their head.

The villains are meant to be more like the Nazis in FANG than anything. They need someone to control them, but it is meant to be a rare occurrence for them to actually win.