Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: What do you have your hands on now?
Growing Hunger
Survival Of The Fittest
Hero Pack 1
Zombies With Grave Weapons
Others -post below-
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Getting new expansions...
04-06-2011, 05:40 AM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2011 05:02 AM by thunderion.)
Question Getting new expansions...
Can you guys give me your opinions on buying the expansions for LNOE?

Cos i may be getting 'em soon. :D

Any must-haves? Want to hear you guys out before getting 'em :3

(BTW I'm NOT saying that some of the expansions are not worth having. i just want to know if there are some stuff that just happen to... frustrate players... please don't flame me. ><)

EDIT:
Thanks guys :D looks like i'm gonna get Growing Hunger first :3 and shamble towards the others when it's time... -goes exploring into SamuraiTrev's Tomb-

EDIT 2:
Package came yesterday :D getting a grip of the rules now :3

I go by PetrichorFunus on some places
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2011, 06:53 AM
RE: Getting new expansions...
Get Growing Hunger first. It adds the most right off the bat.
Find all posts by this user
04-06-2011, 07:24 AM
(04-06-2011 06:53 AM)vikinglad Wrote:  Get Growing Hunger first. It adds the most right off the bat.

Growing Hunger definitely seems like the best bang for the buck. It's the only expansion I have, and I haven't even been able to play it, so my opinion comes from simply reading the rules and reading lots of reviews.

w.
04-06-2011, 08:21 AM
I've just got Growing Hunger recently, and am very impressed. 4 new heroes, 7 more (red) zombies, 3 new scenarios, and loads more hero and zombie cards. Not forgetting 2 new L-tiles and loads of new tokens and a few new rules (dot system) to help bring a new dimension to the game (which can also be applied to the orignal base scenarios).
Also a few of the online scenarios on Flying Frogs website need Growing Hunger expansion to play. So not only would this mean you get new scenarios in the box, but you can now play some of the web scenarios too.
I highly recommend. And I'm satisfied with this for now. Not sure what I'd go for next though. From what I've seen on these forums Survival Of The Fittest is good, but a few people don't use some of the new elements often. And they introduce new cards, which whilst good looks like it also adds a bit of complication to it. So I'm put off it for now, but will get it some time down the road.
04-06-2011, 09:24 AM
First get Growing Hunger, then Survival Of The Fittest and Hero Pack 1.

The only one I don't realy like is the Zombie With Grave Weapons. Altough the mini's are cool, I just don't like the idea of zombies fighting with weapons.
Maybe that is why we haven't tried to play with them yet.

Basicly, just get them all because they all add to the original game Watchmen02

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Hi Thunderiron
I''ve basically bought every expansion there is (even the CD just to get the two cards!) I now use every expansion every game.

Growing Hunger adds the most as others have said. I would get that first.
Then it depends what you want next.

If it's more Characters it's gotta be Hero Pack 1

If you want to add more rules to the game (which adds a greater range of decision making and variety) Go for Survival of the Fittest and Advanced abilities.

The extras you haven't mentioned (these are just optionals for LNOE obsessives like myselfWatchmen02 are:-

The Special Edition CD (With Two Extra Cards)
Radioactive Grave Dead (With an Extra Scenario)
Revenge of the Dead Supplement (10 extra cards)
Stock Up Supplement (10 extra cards)
Zombie Pillage Supplement (10 extra cards)

If you are interested I've done mini reviews to some of the add ons at the end of my game reports if you dare go snooping in my Tomb. Just watch your back...Zombie13
04-06-2011, 02:06 PM
I have Growing Hunger, Hero Pack 1, and Suvival of the Fittest. Based on how much I have used each expansion, I would recommend getting the expansions in this order:

1. Growing Hunger - best bang for the buck. As stated above, more Heroes, zombies, cards, scenarios, and board tiles.
2. Hero Pack 1 - this one adds more Heroes, a few more cards, and a scenario. It blends in nicely with the base set and Growing Hunger.
3. Survival of the Fittest - I put this one last because the game elements it adds are so specific and don't just blend into the existing Hero and Zombie decks, so they may go unused (at least that is my experience with it). The scenarios that come in SotF are excellent, and it comes with rules for adding new rules to existing scenarios. A good "down the road" pick up if you are getting bored with the stock scenarios.

Personally, I am still working on playing through all of the officially released scenarios, then will go back and play the original ones with the SotF decks. I am getting there, just have Run For It, Stock Up, It Fell From the Sky, and All Hallows Eve II left to play through.
04-07-2011, 04:01 PM
I'm with everyone here. I've just started playing the game myself, but I must say Growing Hunger is the way to go! It'll give you a little of everything, and based on that experience, you'll see for yourself what you'll want to buy next.
04-08-2011, 11:20 AM
I've just ordered the radioactive zombies supplement to go with my Meteor token that came with Growing Hunger.
Granted I could've used the Red Zombies. But I wanted to have the Green ones as they look more fitting. Plus I'd get the scenario with it. I'm mega excited.
04-09-2011, 02:00 AM
(04-08-2011 11:20 AM)Jarheadmartian Wrote:  I've just ordered the radioactive zombies supplement to go with my Meteor token that came with Growing Hunger.
Granted I could've used the Red Zombies. But I wanted to have the Green ones as they look more fitting. Plus I'd get the scenario with it. I'm mega excited.

I have just received this scenario myself last week, and plan on playing it this weekend. The figs are awesome!