Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Glass Bottle - Custom Hero Weapon
10-04-2010, 02:53 AM
Glass Bottle - Custom Hero Weapon
I made my first custom card (a glass bottle hand weapon). I thought would post it so I could see what everybody thought. If anybody else has made custom cards, I would love to see them!

Follow the link to see
http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/alb...lecard.jpg

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2010, 02:14 PM
RE: Glass Bottle - Custom Hero Weapon
looks great! my only thought is, there is no way that a glass bottle thrown at a zombie kills it ("takes a wound" typically kills a zombie) 2/3rds of the time. What if on a roll of 3+ the zombie loses a turn? I can imagine the bottle stunning a zombie, or maybe knocking it over, but not killing it.
10-04-2010, 03:32 PM
A glass bottle to the head actually can do A LOT of damage... so I just kinda assumed it would be a head shot. But I do like the stunning a zombie idea too.
10-04-2010, 04:42 PM
(10-04-2010 03:32 PM)bachslaugh Wrote:  A glass bottle to the head actually can do A LOT of damage... so I just kinda assumed it would be a head shot. But I do like the stunning a zombie idea too.

A glass bottle could have several abilities depending on how you use it. You could break it and use the jagged edge as a hand weapon. You could use it as a Molotov (assume it is a partially full liquor bottle). You could just hurl it (as above).

Might be interesting to let the player choose how to use it. I like the possibilities.

If you add a hero item to the deck you should probably balance it with a corresponding Zombie card.

Its a trick, get an axe...

Klaatu... verata... n... Necktie. Nectar. Nickel. Noodle.
10-04-2010, 08:31 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2010 08:32 PM by FUNKY DISCO.)
alright, I've got it. If you throw it (with a range of 1) the zombie loses a turn on a roll of 2+... but if you use it as a hand weapon the zombie is killed on a roll of 5+ (and on a roll of 1 or 2, you've just wasted good scotch).
10-05-2010, 12:43 AM
(10-04-2010 08:31 PM)FUNKY DISCO Wrote:  alright, I've got it. If you throw it (with a range of 1) the zombie loses a turn on a roll of 2+... but if you use it as a hand weapon the zombie is killed on a roll of 5+ (and on a roll of 1 or 2, you've just wasted good scotch).

OR... you could decide to drink the scotch, increasing your bravado and courage giving you an extra fight dice for the next two turns but subtracting a fight dice for two turns after that.

Its a trick, get an axe...

Klaatu... verata... n... Necktie. Nectar. Nickel. Noodle.
10-05-2010, 02:33 AM
or perhaps have a movement penalty for the next couple of turns?

soundguy