Hi everyone! TheZombieGame.com will be shutting it's doors on 24 May 2024. This page has been going for years and years and it's time for me to stop spending money on it. See you in another life!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Glass Bottle - Custom Hero Weapon
10-04-2010, 02:53 AM
Glass Bottle - Custom Hero Weapon
I made my first custom card (a glass bottle hand weapon). I thought would post it so I could see what everybody thought. If anybody else has made custom cards, I would love to see them!

Follow the link to see
http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/alb...lecard.jpg

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2010, 02:14 PM
RE: Glass Bottle - Custom Hero Weapon
looks great! my only thought is, there is no way that a glass bottle thrown at a zombie kills it ("takes a wound" typically kills a zombie) 2/3rds of the time. What if on a roll of 3+ the zombie loses a turn? I can imagine the bottle stunning a zombie, or maybe knocking it over, but not killing it.
10-04-2010, 03:32 PM
A glass bottle to the head actually can do A LOT of damage... so I just kinda assumed it would be a head shot. But I do like the stunning a zombie idea too.
10-04-2010, 04:42 PM
(10-04-2010 03:32 PM)bachslaugh Wrote:  A glass bottle to the head actually can do A LOT of damage... so I just kinda assumed it would be a head shot. But I do like the stunning a zombie idea too.

A glass bottle could have several abilities depending on how you use it. You could break it and use the jagged edge as a hand weapon. You could use it as a Molotov (assume it is a partially full liquor bottle). You could just hurl it (as above).

Might be interesting to let the player choose how to use it. I like the possibilities.

If you add a hero item to the deck you should probably balance it with a corresponding Zombie card.

Its a trick, get an axe...

Klaatu... verata... n... Necktie. Nectar. Nickel. Noodle.
10-04-2010, 08:31 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2010 08:32 PM by FUNKY DISCO.)
alright, I've got it. If you throw it (with a range of 1) the zombie loses a turn on a roll of 2+... but if you use it as a hand weapon the zombie is killed on a roll of 5+ (and on a roll of 1 or 2, you've just wasted good scotch).
10-05-2010, 12:43 AM
(10-04-2010 08:31 PM)FUNKY DISCO Wrote:  alright, I've got it. If you throw it (with a range of 1) the zombie loses a turn on a roll of 2+... but if you use it as a hand weapon the zombie is killed on a roll of 5+ (and on a roll of 1 or 2, you've just wasted good scotch).

OR... you could decide to drink the scotch, increasing your bravado and courage giving you an extra fight dice for the next two turns but subtracting a fight dice for two turns after that.

Its a trick, get an axe...

Klaatu... verata... n... Necktie. Nectar. Nickel. Noodle.
10-05-2010, 02:33 AM
or perhaps have a movement penalty for the next couple of turns?

soundguy