Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Goofy house rules?
02-07-2014, 08:29 PM
Goofy house rules?
Does anybody's gaming group and/or friends have any house rules that you would consider a little more on the silly/goofy side?

I'll give you an example. My group actually has a pretty funny house rule that started as something of a half joke, but we actually use it in all of our games.

When you are rolling your dice, for any dice that you accidentally drop (in other words, you hadn't actually meant to roll it/them yet) it counts if the result is favorable, it does not count if the result was not good.

In other words, if you had to roll a 5 or 6 to succeed, and the dice you accidentally dropped is a 5, you keep it. However, if it was a 4, it didn't count, so you re-roll it. LOL!

We typically only do this for cooperative games, though. So, for example, it wouldn't apply in Last Night On Earth when a Zombie and Hero fight. But, this has been one that has been rather helpful to us when we play Zombicide. LOL!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2014, 11:35 PM
RE: Goofy house rules?
In any game with dice we play that if one die rolls off the table the player must re-roll all the dice.

Also, no drinks on the table. Watchmen02

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
02-08-2014, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2014 03:43 PM by alderdust.)
When you play zombies and you play a card like "uuuugghhhh" we make the player sound it out.

Also they have to make zombie sounds whenever they move or attack or die. That's the penalty for playing the fun zombies.
02-08-2014, 03:51 PM
(02-08-2014 03:42 PM)alderdust Wrote:  When you play zombies and you play a card like "uuuugghhhh" we make the player sound it out.

Also they have to make zombie sounds whenever they move or attack or die. That's the penalty for playing the fun zombies.

Haha - we can't keep our guys from doing that natually. Just like "Murder!" in ATOE. Watchmen02

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
02-08-2014, 10:25 PM
our universal house rule is that the owner of the game or the current game master if it is a community game / rp.. etc.. ) gets to call house rules.

Ie. if one of us brings a game over and we are plying thru it and hit a 'bad' part of the rules that everyone agrees the game makes was off his rocker.. the owner of the game can , int he middle of the game, declare it house ruled. IE. ignore this or that. or treat as 'x' etc.
02-09-2014, 03:27 AM
(02-07-2014 11:35 PM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote:  In any game with dice we play that if one die rolls off the table the player must re-roll all the dice.

Also, no drinks on the table. Watchmen02

Ditto on both house rules!
02-09-2014, 05:49 PM
I wouldn't say it's goofy but we always make the Zombie in charge of moving the sun tracker say it in as creepy a manner as possible. seeevvveeennn hooouuurrssss

Every moment has the potential for the enlightenment in which you seek.

~Bryan
勲刀士, Warrior of the Triumphant Blade
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-10-2014, 03:10 PM
awesome.

I'll add that any time we play creepy games.. we add soundtracks from zombie movies.. adds to the feel..
02-10-2014, 07:23 PM
Fizzgaz is the one who owns the game that we play on and he initially forced us to say grrrrrrr arg whenever we moved a zombie!
02-10-2014, 08:02 PM
that's a good rule. Zombie03