Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Grave dead vs grave weapons which do you prefer?
09-29-2013, 08:45 PM
Grave dead vs grave weapons which do you prefer?
If you had to play with one of these abilities which would you choose?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-29-2013, 09:18 PM
RE: Grave dead vs grave weapons which do you prefer?
I'd go for the Grave Weapons.
09-30-2013, 08:04 AM
Grave weapons for sure. Nothing more fun than a crawling torso or a zombie with dynamite shambling around causing mayhem.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-01-2013, 01:15 AM
+1 Grave Weapons.

There is no comparison really. Even the times when I'm a Hero player, the novelty of Grave Weapons can't be passed up if it's available at the table.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
10-01-2013, 03:39 AM
yeah, i don't seem to use my grave dead red miniatures anymore, except for plague carriers and to be my dynamite and freshly dead grave weapons.

I do however play my grave weapons differently than the rules specify. I choose to spawn a grave weapon instead of 2 new zombies, but i don't replace a zombie already on the board. I just make them spawn regularly, seems to work well in cinematic sense.
10-01-2013, 08:27 AM
(10-01-2013 03:39 AM)Spidey NZ Wrote:  I choose to spawn a grave weapon instead of 2 new zombies, but i don't replace a zombie already on the board. I just make them spawn regularly.

But you do keep to the max of 14 zombies right?
10-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Since I haven't picked up survival of the fittest yet a quick question.

For spawning:

Do zombies with grave weapons count as 2 towards spawning cap or could I say. Spawn a few zombies, give them all weapons and then spawn more zombies easily since my total on board numbers would still be low?

The first time we played grave dead we played it wrong and were not counting grave dead to see if spawning occurs which meant getting zombies on the board more easily at the beginning since I was using grave dead to keep the total number down.
10-01-2013, 03:14 PM
I think they cost 2 zombies but count as 1 for Spawning. At least that's how I play it.
10-02-2013, 12:04 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2013 12:05 AM by ForestRunner.)
(10-01-2013 03:14 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  I think they cost 2 zombies but count as 1 for Spawning. At least that's how I play it.

+1 to playing it this way. Only the initial cost is doubled. Therefore, maintaining the potential maximum of 14 Zombies on board.

The crawling torso rocks!!

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
10-02-2013, 12:30 AM
i guess i'm in the minority.. I like the grave dead. I don't dislike grave weapons or anything though. Watchmen02