Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: Green or Blue?
Green
Blue
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Green or Blue?
05-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Green or Blue?
Want some opinions, I'm getting ready to paint my zombies and can't make up my mind green or blue skin. On most of the zombie cards( & Movies) they are a pale blue like true dead people. But I noticed a lot of people here paint them green. What do u think?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2010, 02:42 PM
RE: Green or Blue?
I am a confirmed GREEN Zombie man myself. I just find it more pleasing to the eye. This also comes from the greenish tinge of Vallejo Paints Dead Flesh colour.

When I first started painting minis back in the Eighties my zombies were always Blue in homage to Dawn of the Dead but they never looked "realistic" to me.

Just to add a further spanner in the works, the guy who paints the zoms for Studio Miniatures does them a kind of greyish flesh colour, which also looks very good. Check out this thread for pics: Studio Minis
05-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Why not paint 7 of them green and 7 of them blue? Would make it easier to split the pool if you have 2 zombie players.
06-05-2010, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2010 06:46 PM by Roland45cal.)
neither. Blue and green look cartoonish or as much as i love the movie dawn of the dead, pale blue is not what zombies look like. Go with rotting flesh from games workshop and wash it with brown. Probably too late for you but i had to say something.

When the Dead Walk, the Living Run.
06-05-2010, 08:34 PM
I leave my zombie skin tones the same as the plastic and paint only the clothes.It looks cool cause they vary and easy to split for multiple zombie players or rule sets.
06-06-2010, 05:19 PM
I paint my green zombies green, and my brown zombies brown. The red, I paint pink with a red wash, giving them a look of being skinned. The black get painted gray, and the purple, I paint a sort of putrid pinkish-purple, like a rotting purple.

The transparent green, red, and blue get washes of the appropriate color, but on different parts of the body. So the wash for the flesh is different than the wash for the shirt, which are both different for the wash for the hair or the pants. It gives them color and texture, without disrupting the transparency.
06-30-2010, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2010 04:35 PM by thegamelord.)
why not do the green ones Green and the Brown ones Blue
11-27-2010, 01:22 AM
(06-30-2010 04:35 PM)thegamelord Wrote:  why not do the green ones Green and the Brown ones Blue

you could always use the base colour to indicate groups as in cadwallon city of thieves
11-27-2010, 02:36 AM
I actually didn't paint my zombies. Went out of my way to paint heroes, but zombies seemed so... 'game' orientated that I left them the same. Yet I want to paint the martians... go figure Zombie03
11-27-2010, 04:08 PM
HI, I painted all mine with pale flesh. I couldn't find another color I liked as well.

BORING! I know.