Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hero Deaths/Kills
02-19-2009, 08:41 PM
Hero Deaths/Kills
Maybe I am just missing it...

Do all hero deaths count as zombie kills for the purpose of victory conditions? If, say, you ignite a gas marker too close to your hero, or use Father Joseph's ability to cancel a card while only having one wound left?

I thought I had read that that's not the case, but I can't seem to find it again.

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
Roleplaying Game, Board Game and Card Game Reviews and Actual Plays
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2009, 09:36 PM
RE: Hero Deaths/Kills
Tommy Brownell Wrote:Maybe I am just missing it...

Do all hero deaths count as zombie kills for the purpose of victory conditions? If, say, you ignite a gas marker too close to your hero, or use Father Joseph's ability to cancel a card while only having one wound left?

I thought I had read that that's not the case, but I can't seem to find it again.

they are still dieing so ya it still counts. it dosent count as a zombie kill but does count toward victory conditions.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
Find all posts by this user
02-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Yep, a dead human counts towards the victory conditions.
02-19-2009, 10:52 PM
Hm. Not sure where I got that mixed up at. Thanks.

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
Roleplaying Game, Board Game and Card Game Reviews and Actual Plays
03-08-2009, 11:14 PM
I'm not sure that you're correct, actually. The rulebook states that the zombies win if they kill 4 heroes. The scenario card says if they kill 2 heroes. Neither says if 4 or 2 are killed, in which case I would then agree. I don't believe a suicide or accidental death would count toward the total heroes killed by the zombies.

Do you know otherwise?
03-08-2009, 11:18 PM
Leki523 Wrote:I'm not sure that you're correct, actually. The rulebook states that the zombies win if they kill 4 heroes. The scenario card says if they kill 2 heroes. Neither says if 4 or 2 are killed, in which case I would then agree. I don't believe a suicide or accidental death would count toward the total heroes killed by the zombies.

Do you know otherwise?

I had the very same question when I got the game two weeks ago. Over at BGG the consensus was that if a hero dies (or becomes a zombie) it counts towards the # of heroes killed, no matter how that death came about.