Hi everyone! TheZombieGame.com will be shutting it's doors on 24 May 2024. This page has been going for years and years and it's time for me to stop spending money on it. See you in another life!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hero Deaths/Kills
02-19-2009, 08:41 PM
Hero Deaths/Kills
Maybe I am just missing it...

Do all hero deaths count as zombie kills for the purpose of victory conditions? If, say, you ignite a gas marker too close to your hero, or use Father Joseph's ability to cancel a card while only having one wound left?

I thought I had read that that's not the case, but I can't seem to find it again.

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
Roleplaying Game, Board Game and Card Game Reviews and Actual Plays
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2009, 09:36 PM
RE: Hero Deaths/Kills
Tommy Brownell Wrote:Maybe I am just missing it...

Do all hero deaths count as zombie kills for the purpose of victory conditions? If, say, you ignite a gas marker too close to your hero, or use Father Joseph's ability to cancel a card while only having one wound left?

I thought I had read that that's not the case, but I can't seem to find it again.

they are still dieing so ya it still counts. it dosent count as a zombie kill but does count toward victory conditions.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
Find all posts by this user
02-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Yep, a dead human counts towards the victory conditions.
02-19-2009, 10:52 PM
Hm. Not sure where I got that mixed up at. Thanks.

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
Roleplaying Game, Board Game and Card Game Reviews and Actual Plays
03-08-2009, 11:14 PM
I'm not sure that you're correct, actually. The rulebook states that the zombies win if they kill 4 heroes. The scenario card says if they kill 2 heroes. Neither says if 4 or 2 are killed, in which case I would then agree. I don't believe a suicide or accidental death would count toward the total heroes killed by the zombies.

Do you know otherwise?
03-08-2009, 11:18 PM
Leki523 Wrote:I'm not sure that you're correct, actually. The rulebook states that the zombies win if they kill 4 heroes. The scenario card says if they kill 2 heroes. Neither says if 4 or 2 are killed, in which case I would then agree. I don't believe a suicide or accidental death would count toward the total heroes killed by the zombies.

Do you know otherwise?

I had the very same question when I got the game two weeks ago. Over at BGG the consensus was that if a hero dies (or becomes a zombie) it counts towards the # of heroes killed, no matter how that death came about.