Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"Hero must give up their turn" ???
03-08-2012, 09:57 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2012 10:01 AM by vikinglad.)
RE: "Hero must give up their turn" ???
Quote:2. (used to express opportunity or permission): You may enter.

I believe it means they do not have permission to do anything, not that they have a choice. They don't have permission to move, search, play cards, fight, or do anything that needs to be done during their hero turn. Since exchange items can happen on another hero's turn, I guess that still works. Maybe it was switched while the TCBOLNOE couple was distracted?

This does lead me to believe that they could still use the cards in question. I agree with j0hnn that they could still be used, due to the wording, but using TJ in the middle of TCBOLNOE seems thematically off to me. Maybe I am a bit conservative?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2012, 11:02 AM
(03-08-2012 09:57 AM)vikinglad Wrote:  

I believe it means they do not have permission to do anything, not that they have a choice. They don't have permission to move, search, play cards, fight, or do anything that needs to be done during their hero turn. Since exchange items can happen on another hero's turn, I guess that still works. Maybe it was switched while the TCBOLNOE couple was distracted?

This does lead me to believe that they could still use the cards in question. I agree with j0hnn that they could still be used, due to the wording, but using TJ in the middle of TCBOLNOE seems thematically off to me. Maybe I am a bit conservative?

You could have the guy or girl saying...

"You want what-....? You're crazy... i'm out of here!"

Or alike lol =D

For me lose a turn (may not do anything) only refers to the condition of losing a turn more like a complementar text... No restrictions about use of cards.

So as long you fulfill the requirements to activate the card you want to use. It's cool... you may use it.
03-08-2012, 03:47 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2012 04:06 PM by LUIJOD.)
(03-06-2012 11:54 PM)Wade Wrote:  I agree two heros locked in "This may be our last night..." can't exchange with each other, being that's there turn.
But since you can exchange with other people on your turn, regardless of if they've already taken their turn, I think a hero moving in to the locked heros, and say finding a pile of loose clothing *wink wink*, can "exchange" at that point.
That's how we play it anyway.

Agreed, that hero that stumbles into the "partaaayy" as it where is having it's own turn and well within it's rights to do the Item Exchange Phase. I actually came into this very same situation last night playing a game with my GF. She played "This Could Be..." on Victor & Sally and when I moved Becky into their space she argued Becky couldn't exchange with them because she said they were busy. I cited the rules and furthermore explained it much like you did, she just went thru their clothes and picked up sally's revolver *nudge nudge* Watchmen02
(03-07-2012 10:06 PM)PJON Wrote:  I do feel much of the text on the cards could have been worded better. So, it leaves interpetation, or a bunch or rule research. Which I have done.

So, your stating that even when a hero has TCBOLNOE card, or bickering they may still use keys, extingusher, horsey, etc, and does not have to fight zombies.

If a hero desides to lose their turn they may use keys, extingusher, horsey, etc, and does have to fight zombies.

To me lose a turn means lose a turn. Not lose a turn and perform some tricks.

Thats just me. I will chalk this up with playing zombie cards at the start of a turn. Tricks of the trade, good to know. Ty

I agree with you, that is the only thing that irks me about this game, some cards are not as clear as I'd like and with no "big official" faq/errata (far as I know) then alot is open to interpretation which in turn may actually create "Bickering" during games (bah gawd what a horrible pun!!!Zombie12)

(03-08-2012 09:57 AM)vikinglad Wrote:  

That is how we play it, if the card does not explicitly state it must be played at a certain time/circumstance then it can be used regardless of turns being lost. Perhaps the only exception I could see to this if the last hero to activate is the one losing it's turn, which would mean that it would now be the beginning of the zombie turn AND the hero is question wanted to play a card that said "Play at the End of a Hero's Turn". I don't think there are any cards like that, can't remember one off the top of my head, but... expansion Watchmen02

vikinglad, that was a pretty funny observation btw, maybe the horse came into play because it was a quickie?
03-08-2012, 05:12 PM
vikinglad Wrote:
Quote:
2. (used to express opportunity or permission): You may enter.

I am not conservative, and it makes no sence, but ok. sure.

Ok, The Zombie Player only thought Sally, Sherrif and Sam were bickering. Yet actually Sam was not hearing any of it and left on TJ, Sheriff turned his back on Sally and used his Keys to open a chest of treasures. Sally was still pissed at Sheriff and shot him with a fire extingusher (also moving the zombies back, as an after effect)

What were they bickering about ? no one knows, No one cares. It didnt really matter to the Heroes. Go Go Zombie Player Watchmen02

PS. dont worry, im strategicaly all over this.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
03-10-2012, 10:40 PM
Would you still be able to use Becky's ability if she had to skip her turn? I say yes as the ability is to heal 1 hero at the end of the heroes turn.

I take this as after all heroes have finished but before the zombie turn, Becky can heal 1 wound from someone in the same space. Or will she loose this as she had to skip her turn and can not do anything?
03-10-2012, 10:45 PM
(03-10-2012 10:40 PM)Talonis Wrote:  Would you still be able to use Becky's ability if she had to skip her turn? I say yes as the ability is to heal 1 hero at the end of the heroes turn.

I take this as after all heroes have finished but before the zombie turn, Becky can heal 1 wound from someone in the same space. Or will she loose this as she had to skip her turn and can not do anything?

May use it at the end of the hero turn as usual.
03-12-2012, 07:45 AM
Cool, thanks for the reply.
04-05-2012, 02:57 PM
(03-02-2012 09:56 PM)Wade Wrote:  Hmmm...

I've always thought that giving up a turn meant still fighting zombies in your space (melee weapons only, fight and event cards OK), but now I'm beginning to re-think that.

I would agree with your first thought, We play you cant move/search, cant perform a ranged attack, but would be forced to fight any zombies in your space (as part of surviving the turn), the question I have is can you do multiple scenario objectives in one "Hero Must Give up their turn" or would you have to give up multiple turns for each task you tried to do.