Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HeroQuest 25th Anniversary.
11-27-2013, 10:59 PM
RE: HeroQuest 25th Anniversary.
Hi there,

Been looking into this myself but all sounds a bit dodgy. The fact that they are getting around it because the licence has laped in Spain and knowing from experience how efficient Games Workshop are at closing down any creative projects be amazed if this sees the light of day!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2013, 12:22 AM
No worries here. I'm sure MB games and Games Workshop had/have the rights (I know Games Worksop shop own the trademark of Hero Quest) and I can't see any issues with it being produced in Spain. People are right to question things though. I will go on record and say, for me personally, I believe in this KS project. All KS projects carry an element of uncertainly. It is for that reason I have sat on the sidelines thus far. However for this project I felt compelled to shell outZombie17
11-28-2013, 07:34 PM
2 more stretch goals smashed. x3 Spiders and x2 Spider eggs. This game is going to be jam packed full of miniatures at this rate!
11-28-2013, 09:51 PM
Heroquest 25th ed. has hit problems. it seems you were right to be suspisious Sly. I had an email from kickstarter

'Heroquest 25th Anniversary is the subject of an intellectual property dispute and is currently unavailable.'

This is clearly a trademark dispute. If this project doesn't come to light I will be guttedInsane19
11-28-2013, 10:37 PM
I really want it to work but what they were doing is basically ripping it off the original designers and producers on a technicality that the licence had lapsed in Spain. There is more chance that Games Workshop start making models in lead than letting this come out!

I just hope that GW use this info and commitment from the fan base as an idea of how well this game would do on a limited run, as in space hulk. Also they should do Man'o'war too so I can stop having to cast all the ships in resin!
11-28-2013, 10:54 PM
nice deal!
11-28-2013, 11:30 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2013 11:30 PM by samuraitrev.)
I don't care who makes it as long as this happens! If this makes MB/Hasbro/GW take an interest and make it, all the better. This KS was at about 500,000 before it went into limbo.
11-28-2013, 11:56 PM
hasbro.. I'm a lil tweaked at. that had that space battleship game. was suposed to put out an expansion for it ( it needed it.. and would hav ebeen a good game ).. and they let it die of starvation instead...
12-01-2013, 07:53 PM
Very interesting post here:
http://pinsofwar.com/heroquest-suspended/
12-02-2013, 12:56 AM
(12-01-2013 07:53 PM)slysy2001 Wrote:  Very interesting post here:
http://pinsofwar.com/heroquest-suspended/