Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Horrible qulaity on LNoE Web Exclusive Cards
12-04-2012, 04:58 AM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2012 05:05 AM by wisdomknight.)
Horrible qulaity on LNoE Web Exclusive Cards
So I gave my kids an early Xmas present, Last night on Earth's "Stock Up" web exclusive.

Its bad enough Flying Frog charges basically $5 shipping on a $10 item, but what gets me even more is youd think they would make sure that the whole 10 cards are at least in good condition.

Almost every card has lines going horizontal (printing difficulties?) but another card's backing has a horrible looking "crinkled" lower right area.

Now I know some of you other OCD people who especially put sleeves on every one of your cards wouldnt be too happy either.

I tried to scan the cards in, but sadly the scanner doesn't show the errors. The light has to hit it from an angle to see it. So I didn't bother emailing them as they would ask for a pic.

I just had to rant and get this off my chest.

What a rip off!
Ok I just emailed them for the hell of it, Im so mad.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2012, 05:45 AM
RE: Horrible qulaity on LNoE Web Exclusive Cards
(12-04-2012 04:58 AM)wisdomknight Wrote:  So I gave my kids an early Xmas present, Last night on Earth's "Stock Up" web exclusive.

Its bad enough Flying Frog charges basically $5 shipping on a $10 item, but what gets me even more is youd think they would make sure that the whole 10 cards are at least in good condition.

Almost every card has lines going horizontal (printing difficulties?) but another card's backing has a horrible looking "crinkled" lower right area.

Now I know some of you other OCD people who especially put sleeves on every one of your cards wouldnt be too happy either.

I tried to scan the cards in, but sadly the scanner doesn't show the errors. The light has to hit it from an angle to see it. So I didn't bother emailing them as they would ask for a pic.

I just had to rant and get this off my chest.

What a rip off!
Ok I just emailed them for the hell of it, Im so mad.

Sorry you had that experience I actually received a card in my Hero Pack for Timber Peak that was messed up see the pic below. Its my "Get Back You Devils"....The protective laminate on the back was raised up due to a crease in the card so it didn't adhere properly. I am OCD about my cards and they are all sleeved but it seems like a lot of trouble contacting them about one card so I did not but if the whole lot was messed up I would feel differently. Hope you dont experience this again or get this resolved to your liking.

[Image: 4rx8bq.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
12-04-2012, 07:29 AM
The Frog has an outstanding customer service. I wouldn't be surprised if they offered you replacement cards if you expressed your disapointment with the ruined cards.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
12-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Getting defective product is always crappy especially if it's a gift for your kids.
As scarydk says FFP does replace stuff without hassle.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
12-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Email admin@flyingfrog.net. My copy of Stock Up is the same quality as the rest of the stuff.
12-04-2012, 03:44 PM
I emailed them, so lets see what they say.
I truly hope they help me as I am proud to own most of they're games and thought very highly of them.

Thanks for the replies Watchmen02
12-04-2012, 07:30 PM
I had a bent Nurse Becky figure in the base game, they gave me a solution to fix it immediately(it worked) and still offered to replace the figure if I wasn't satisfied. Contact them, give em a chance to put it right.
12-04-2012, 07:48 PM
(12-04-2012 07:30 PM)RaidCasto Wrote:  I had a bent Nurse Becky figure in the base game, they gave me a solution to fix it immediately(it worked) and still offered to replace the figure if I wasn't satisfied. Contact them, give em a chance to put it right.

Great to hear man!

And I will Watchmen02
12-04-2012, 07:56 PM
I've had a similar experience with FF customer service. One of my base game L-shape boards had a printing defect and my Becky figure was also bent to the point that she wouldn't stand up straight. They immediately shipped me out a new board and figure free of charge. I was extremely pleased with how they handled the situation.
12-05-2012, 10:55 PM
That is surprising. I actually haven't had that problem, and I have two of their web supplements so far. But, as others have said, e-mailing them is definitely the right move. They have awesome customer service, so hopefully they will offer to remedy the situation for you. Let us know how it goes.