Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: What do you think?
Yes, I like those rules
No, I don't like those rules
Zombie polls scare me!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
House Rules
12-08-2010, 04:38 PM
House Rules
So I have put in place some house rules for every LNOE game session we play to make the games more evenly matched and funner between Heroes and Zombies. Please vote YES if you like the rules or NO if you don't and please weigh in with any comments.

Hero rules #1 Free Explore tokens in every building
#2 Kill Zombie with any doubles rolled
doesn't have to be higher than Zombie
dice roll.

Zombie rules #1 Free spawn every turn.
#2 Zombie Horde unlimited number of
Zombies on the board at once
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2010, 06:38 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2010 06:38 PM by mqstout.)
RE: House Rules
They sound fine, good and balanced. It's just not my cup of tea. Hero #2 is the biggest change.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-08-2010, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2010 06:54 PM by zombie67.)
I agree with MQS. The rules seem evenly balanced.

I have voted "No" to the poll only because I don't feel the need for the changes. I have never felt that the game is unbalanced - I have won and lost, as both H's or Z's as many times as each other.

The one thing I always come back to with FFP games is that, like a lot of games, they come down to luck and the dice rolls. So if you are having a bad day with the rolls, no rule changes are going to help....in my opinion!
12-08-2010, 09:04 PM
and you don't change rules to ompensate for random events.. because the next time around.. it will be over ballanced the other way if you are rolling hot.

soundguy
12-08-2010, 09:41 PM
I voted nr 2. I too believe that the game is nalanced enough as it is. Especialy so with all the extra expansioncards that have been added during the course of LNOE life.

And, like ZombieJ said...it all comes down to luck of the dice.

Ok it is hard to roll doubles, but with only 2 dice this should tell you to go look for stuff. Adding a couple dice to the fight does give you (hero) better chances.
Compencating the always double-kill it by free spawn for zeds doesn't quite cut it for me.
Since the zedplayer also depends on a high roll for spawning stenches, but then gets to roll snakeeyes Watchmen02

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-10-2010, 04:11 PM
The reason I put these in place is we have played over 50 games and the Zombies have won every time. I'm pretty good as the zombies but their is no reason i should win every time. Also the people who are playing as the Heroes are not that bad. They have come close to winning it just has never happened. And after u lose and keep losing the game is not fun anymore.
12-10-2010, 05:19 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2010 05:30 PM by Roland45cal.)
Voted yes. I love the rules ,but everyone else is right the game is balanced. The reason I love the house rules you have is because I'd love to see that many zombies on the board at one time. As far as I'm concerned the more zombies and zombie killing the better. Those house rules may imbalance the game though ,but I'm looking forward to what might be like left 4 dead the board game. Actually a few more house rules could expand the action even further.

When the Dead Walk, the Living Run.
12-10-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm with the others. Hero rule 2 seems particularly unbalanced.

I'm wondering if perhaps there's a misunderstanding of the rules somewhere if the heroes have NEVER won in over 50 games. That just seems statistically unlikely if the heroes are good players, too.

The other alternative would be to give a handicap -- in other words, give the heroes a few points of advantage without giving the zombies an equal amount.
12-10-2010, 06:56 PM
(12-10-2010 04:11 PM)LivEvil Wrote:  The reason I put these in place is we have played over 50 games and the Zombies have won every time. I'm pretty good as the zombies but their is no reason i should win every time. Also the people who are playing as the Heroes are not that bad. They have come close to winning it just has never happened. And after u lose and keep losing the game is not fun anymore.

humans are winning 60/40 using stock rules with my group.

soundguy
12-17-2010, 01:50 PM
Rule #2 on the hero side is how my friends played before I joined that particular gaming crew. Me, sharking like I do, instantly was like woooooah, no, that's not how it's done. They raped zombies left and right. No. Leave it as is, bro. It's balanced as can be.