Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: What do you think?
Yes, I like those rules
No, I don't like those rules
Zombie polls scare me!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
House Rules
02-06-2011, 09:47 AM
RE: House Rules
I vote yes for some of the rules, only because I COMPLETELY empathize with other Human players that CAN'T GET A BREAK! Geez, it's so frustrating when your Heroes are unable to get into a building long enough to search and get any type of card, and the Zombie (or Martian, in the case of IfOS) players are drawing cards like they're printing them themselves!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2011, 03:54 AM
Well this thread just made me realize that I have been playing with the wrong rules considering heroes doubles. I was wondering why the heroes seemed to have a much easier time. :p
02-07-2011, 02:13 PM
It interested, but I have voted "No" because I don't need to change the rules actually. All our game session are fun and uncertain for victory.
02-08-2011, 03:36 AM
(12-08-2010 04:38 PM)LivEvil Wrote:  So I have put in place some house rules for every LNOE game session we play to make the games more evenly matched and funner between Heroes and Zombies. Please vote YES if you like the rules or NO if you don't and please weigh in with any comments.

Hero rules #1 Free Explore tokens in every building
#2 Kill Zombie with any doubles rolled
doesn't have to be higher than Zombie
dice roll.

Zombie rules #1 Free spawn every turn.
#2 Zombie Horde unlimited number of
Zombies on the board at once

Hero 1 and Zombie rules would not be house rules, but use the Dots system rules. Free search markers and your free spawn(Zombies Auto Spawn) are suggested as handicaps.

Hero 2 just changes the rules and would change the fight format out of balance.
02-13-2011, 07:41 PM
(12-10-2010 06:06 PM)gavindowning Wrote:  I'm wondering if perhaps there's a misunderstanding of the rules somewhere if the heroes have NEVER won in over 50 games. That just seems statistically unlikely if the heroes are good players, too.

TOTALLY!!!! Everyone else on here seems to be having a more balanced experience than you. I have a couple of thoughts. My first thought is that it sounds as though you are always the zombie player. Maybe you could switch it up and see what happens if someone else is the zombies. If the zombie team wins no matter what, then you know there is something wrong with the way you are playing. For your game to be THAT unbalanced, I'd agree that you MUST be misunderstanding the rules in some way. The way you worded your rule about rolling doubles makes me wonder if you understand the way that is supposed to work.

To kill a zombie, one of your fight dice must be higher than theirs, and you must roll doubles on ANY two of your fight dice. So if the zombie rolls a 4 and you roll a six and a one, you have fended them off but not killed them. If you decide to use a weapon to roll a 3rd fight dice to try and kill them, and you roll a one, you have now killed the zombie. See what I mean?

On the other hand, that may not be where you're making a mistake, so...apologies if I just wasted time explaining something you already know. Just trying to figure out what is wrong here.
02-15-2011, 08:25 PM
i also had to vote no, because of rule 2 for the heroes. me and my group misinterpreted the rules and played that any doubles killed the zombie and the heroes wrecked all the time, i who always play zombies was extremely happy when we realized we were playing it wrong.

Can't save the world??... then prepare for its end.
02-18-2011, 04:15 AM
Huh. Thread kinda died there. Now I'll never know if LivEvil was playing the game right or not!
02-19-2011, 12:18 AM
unfortunately lots of threads go like that. start good then the OP disappears...