Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How Many Cards?
01-28-2013, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2013 07:39 PM by alderdust.)
RE: How Many Cards?
(01-28-2013 07:06 PM)Sarge Wrote:  
(01-28-2013 03:59 PM)alderdust Wrote:  
(01-28-2013 02:28 PM)Sarge Wrote:  Thanks for the link, very helpful.
That does it for me, I'm going to add the TP cards to the mix....better buy some more sleeves!

My stack got so tall it would no longer stand on its own I bought some blackjack discard trays to help keep them upright when sleeved i can try to post a picture next time i break the game out.

Thanks alder dust....I was thinking about storage boxes, like the ones I use to store my magic the gathering cards in.

Here is a 4 deck blackjack discard tray to hold sleeves cards...it seems that each "deck" holds 50 cards sleeved so i have moved on to a 8 deck discard tray allowing me to hold up to 400 cards in the hero deck and a seperate one for up to 400 cards in the zombie deck.

Currently a 6 deck discard tray is enough to hold them all through TP but I was assuming the next expansion will add about as many cards as GH did and in that case wouldnt be large enough any longer. I got the 8 deck ones on amazon for I think $8 dollars each.

[Image: pic889466_md.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2013, 09:16 PM
(01-28-2013 11:54 AM)SmokinBaraka Wrote:  i play with all the cards mixed in (i have LNOE+TP+GH+SotF+HP1) and i don't have any problems at all. Of course there will always be the occasional game where the cards you need along with the "Just What I Needed" Cards are near the bottom of the deck, but in my opinion who cares, play to have fun and if sometimes the deck screws you over well look at it this way, what if it was real life? you may need gasoline to escape in a truck but there just may not be gasoline, sometimes the survivors are just not meant to win, it is after all a zombie apocalypse.

I could not agree more! Very well said! That is exactly how I feel. I LOVE this game, and I just play to have fun. I don't care if I win, lose, or completely get my butt handed to me. LOL! I just love the heck out of this game no matter what.

(01-28-2013 02:15 PM)alderdust Wrote:  I mix all my cards together including timber peak and have no problems it seems that flyingfrog has done a decent job adding some of those valued scenario search items to almost all decks so there is normally a good chance to get say keys or gas in just about every game it just takes a little more searching sometimes.

I had to throw in that I agree with this too. Flying Frog has done a great job to balance out the game by adding in some of the common search items (gas, explosives, weapons, keys, etc.) so there are more in the deck as it grows. That and the cards like "Just what I needed" which let you specifically pull out a scenario search item.

Personally, so far I have the orignal base game, Growing Hunger, and a few of the web supplements, and have not had a problem.

Also, when it comes to Timber Peak, I am personally on the side of the fence of folks who think it is best kept mostly separate. I like the idea of thinking of it as a sequel. But, it definitely can work either way.
01-29-2013, 07:16 AM
I need to get expansions and see how that plays... I like being able to deck the heros, I've accomplished this feat twice, can't see doing that with all those cards. I know zombies have a slight edge in their favor, but the hero's having to be careful of what they have left kinda molds the game a different direction sometimes...

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-01-2013, 09:29 PM
(01-29-2013 07:16 AM)friskers96 Wrote:  I like being able to deck the heros,

...That's not a very friendly way to play the game.

LOL!
02-02-2013, 02:33 AM
(02-01-2013 09:29 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  

LOL!

I have to agree with StayPuft you can easily win as zombies by other means...like eating there tasty brains!
02-04-2013, 08:31 PM
(02-02-2013 02:33 AM)alderdust Wrote:  
(02-01-2013 09:29 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  

LOL!

I have to agree with StayPuft you can easily win as zombies by other means...like eating there tasty brains!

LOL! No, sorry, that was my really bad attempt at a corny joke. I'll leave you all to rethink that one... 'cause if I explain it, it is even less funny than it already was. LOL! ;-)
02-05-2013, 07:10 PM
Don-t you think it would be appropriate that new scenarios specified which cards must be removed from the deck?

[img]http://i46.tinypic.com/551d94.jpg[/img]
02-05-2013, 09:23 PM
(02-05-2013 07:10 PM)kablebcn Wrote:  Don-t you think it would be appropriate that new scenarios specified which cards must be removed from the deck?

Well, Flying Frog doesn't necessarily suggest removing anything from the deck. They leave that up to you, but for the most part, the expansions are all made with the intention of them going together. So, that is why the scenarios don't really specify anything about removing any cards.

Though, if you personally prefer to do so, you can come up with whatever works for you and/or your group for each scenario. One of the many cool things about this game is that it is very easy to customize.
02-06-2013, 12:23 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2013 12:24 AM by alderdust.)
(02-05-2013 09:23 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 07:10 PM)kablebcn Wrote:  Don-t you think it would be appropriate that new scenarios specified which cards must be removed from the deck?

Well, Flying Frog doesn't necessarily suggest removing anything from the deck. They leave that up to you, but for the most part, the expansions are all made with the intention of them going together. So, that is why the scenarios don't really specify anything about removing any cards.

Though, if you personally prefer to do so, you can come up with whatever works for you and/or your group for each scenario. One of the many cool things about this game is that it is very easy to customize.

Yeah this is true I have all expansions through TP all together and have not had much deck bad luck. I do like some people's suggestions which was to divide the deck into 4 equal parts and then place one for each L shaped board and then when you search in that part you take from the appropriate deck. This would discourage camp searching because once your deck runs out on that L shape runs out you have "found" all there is to find and must move on.
02-06-2013, 03:26 AM
(02-06-2013 12:23 AM)alderdust Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 09:23 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  

Yeah this is true I have all expansions through TP all together and have not had much deck bad luck. I do like some people's suggestions which was to divide the deck into 4 equal parts and then place one for each L shaped board and then when you search in that part you take from the appropriate deck. This would discourage camp searching because once your deck runs out on that L shape runs out you have "found" all there is to find and must move on.
Seems a good idea. But I still think that is too much difficult to win by running out heroes deck...

[img]http://i46.tinypic.com/551d94.jpg[/img]