Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Humans!!!
01-13-2009, 10:05 PM
Humans!!!
I just ordered Humans!!! (by Twilight Creations, the makers of Zombies!!!). I wonder if anyone's played it yet?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2009, 04:55 AM
RE: Humans!!!
I own it and have yet to play it and I bought it when it first came out. From what I have read of the rules it looks great and it also has rules that incorporate Zombies!!! into it as well.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
Find all posts by this user
01-14-2009, 04:21 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2009 04:21 PM by Old Dwarf.)
I'll have to check it out,I have TC MidEvil
& When Darkness Comes Stuff but never really played them:rolleyes:

I never could get my mind around When Darkness Comes
Combat System.....but I liked the Components &
the overall mechanics.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
01-18-2009, 03:10 PM
I hear ya OD! I have all of the When Darkness Comes! main games and all the supplements. I like the game and the system but it is tough trying to get folks to play the game.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
02-07-2011, 02:37 AM
Can the game components from Humans!!!! or When Darkness Comes be applied to LNOE easily? I was thinking the game boards could be used, but wasn't sure since I do not own them as of now
02-07-2011, 08:12 AM
I both own and have played Humans!!!. It's a cool little game changing the roles from playing the Heroes to playing the Zombies. It is different than Zombies!!! but not by much. I love playing mixed games with both games though.
02-07-2011, 12:27 PM
(02-07-2011 02:37 AM)jezorin Wrote:  Can the game components from Humans!!!! or When Darkness Comes be applied to LNOE easily? I was thinking the game boards could be used, but wasn't sure since I do not own them as of now

I''ve often thought When Darkness Comes board tiles could
be used for a LNoE Game but you would need need to add
LNoE Tile information to the WDC tiles.Maybe mess with
movement a bit as WDC squares are all the same size.

So I don't think it would be truly easy but it would be a cool project.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
02-08-2011, 02:07 AM
OD, thanks for the insight. That very well may be my next project.
02-08-2011, 05:35 AM
Humans??? (and Zombie town) did do something that I didn't like. Some of the combat (ZT) and wounding (H) mechanics are now done by cards instead of by die roll. If you're good at card counting that would mean that at some point you know certain wounds aren't gong to happen or the bad wounds are all that's left. That and the Zombie 'types' have different characteristics that might as well been left out since it has so little effect.

Probably being harsh though. I played a 'combo' game at Dragoncon 3 year ago. I bought it and all, but was not impressed by how well they mix.

Would love to try LNOE on some other boards types. I thought it would be cool to do something with a multi story building but would be concerned about people having guns in an office building. HR could be a spawning pit.

"If we are very lucky and start running now we might get out of this alive or merely dead"
02-10-2011, 12:55 AM
I've only played Humans!!! a couple times, but I just couldn't get into it. Since I just purchased LNOE, I've been thinking of ways to use the 2 games together.

I have to say the best part about Humans!!! is the large amount of zombie and human miniatures that come with it. You could place the human miniatures around the town of LNOE, and have them run towards the "road out of town" space. Zombies could intercept them and turn them into more zombies.

[img]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/044/a/b/ab57ead96545f9f083422696827cf192-d39i2v4.png[/img]