Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I hate campers!
01-02-2012, 06:54 AM
RE: I hate campers!
To avoid Camping in our games, we separate the Hero deck into even piles for each building on the board. We do have lots of piles of cards around the board, but it does make it a more tense and realistic feeling to the game. The Heroes can find themselves in trouble when the search the room dry and have to move on. I have had positive feedback when playing this variant.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2012, 07:55 AM
Per building? Ouch, that would hurt. Either you dont like the Heroes to win, or your Zombie players need to work on technique.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-02-2012, 02:36 PM
More than a few people have had luck with the "per building" rule. It doesn't really alter the game much. I thought I'd mentioned earlier in the thread, but I didn't: I really only ever have the players attempt to camp in certain buildings (airplane hanger or drug store, really) for their specific pickups.

Some scenarios really penalize the heroes for camping (Zombie Pillage and Zombie Apocalypse) while others seriously reward it (Stock Up, Escape in the Truck).
01-03-2012, 10:12 AM
(01-02-2012 07:55 AM)Zinthos Wrote:  Per building? Ouch, that would hurt. Either you dont like the Heroes to win, or your Zombie players need to work on technique.

ha ha. several hero teams have won with this variant. and the zombie player is not too ruthless, well sometimes. we do alter the countdown to give the heroes a bit longer
01-03-2012, 10:52 AM
When you split the hero deck up for different buildings, how do cards like Living Nightmare, Night That Never Ends, A Town Overrun, and Deputy Taylor work?
01-03-2012, 01:20 PM
Roll one at random (according to the normal random selection rules).
01-03-2012, 10:06 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 10:07 PM by Spidey NZ.)
(01-03-2012 10:52 AM)Twilight_Sonata Wrote:  When you split the hero deck up for different buildings, how do cards like Living Nightmare, Night That Never Ends, A Town Overrun, and Deputy Taylor work?

Normally rolling a random building. or the for living nightmare. the zombie player goes and takes one card from every building each turn clockwise/anticlockwise. For the card just what i needed. the player can either get a card from the discard, draw a new one from that building. Or look through that buildings cards for the scenario item. If its not in that building. tough luck.