Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I lost on turn 6 playing Defend the Manor..?
04-21-2011, 10:30 PM
RE: I lost on turn 6 playing Defend the Manor..?
Defend the manor is tough because the ZP has an actual goal instead of just kill the heroes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2011, 04:14 PM
The first night that I had LNOE, this scenario was the second game that we played (randomly drew a scenario to play). Needless to say, the Heroes quickly lost due to inexperience. We decided to try that one later, after we had played thru the other scenarios and were more comfortable with the game. The next time we played it, the Heroes still lost, but put up a much more valiant fight. Too many heroes died, so the zombie mob was too much for the two remaining Heroes to handle...

Now, after months of avoiding playing that scenario, this thread inspired me to take another crack at it. Only this time, to give me a chance, we agreed to play with Heroes Replenish/Always Zombie Heroes. We played twice. I lost BOTH games while the Sun Track was still in the black.

Game 1: ZP Turn 1 - "Oh my God, they've taken the...", rolls a 6 - Zombie's Choice. Chooses the Grocery Store. That is a mess of zombies to deal with in a hurry. ZP Turn 3 - draws three cards that allow multiple zombies multiple extra sqares of movement. Moved that Grocery Store mob into the the manor for the win.

Game 2: I lost by 4 Hero deaths. Just got totally annihilated. I had two Heroes both starting in the Highscool, so I put them in the same space - strength in numbers. ZP opens with Bickering, so they lose their turn. Then, on ZPs Turn 2, draws "Oh my God, they've taken the...", rolls a 6 - Zombie's Choice (again). Chooses the Highschool. Then plays Relentless Advance to allow those zombies to move in and attack my heroes. They were both students and quickly died. The rest of the game is blur, but it was a slaighter of the Heroes. ZP was relentless and brutal.

Afterwards, I chuckled at that fact that we were playing with the Heroes Replenish/Always Zombie Heroes. We never made it out of the black zone, so these rules never even took effect.
04-26-2011, 06:29 PM
All I can say is chainsaw, gas station and a few guns and you can't lose, that was how I made it. The zombie player was pissed when I blew up 6 zombies, then chainsawed another couple in the same turn.

Still, in several cases the zombies were 1 turn away from winning, but using zombie hunger and a little luck you can make it through it on the base rules.
05-02-2011, 07:28 PM
I find that with the more people playing that the game is a lot closer, although a lot longer too.
05-18-2011, 05:11 AM
After reading this I have a few surprises for the ZP! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA now i am totally stoked for the next game! Zombie17 (Zombie hunger + cornfield is genius, I do not know why I didn't think of that...)
05-19-2011, 10:32 AM
In my opinion, this is the hardest scenario for the heroes. We always play with Heroes replenish and always zombie heroes, but it is still extremely hard for the hero players... Which is ok in our book Watchmen02 All the scenarios arent 100% balanced. Escape in the truck f.ex. have about 65 to 35 percent win to the heroes, so we use this scenario to introduce new players to the game. If we want to play a really hard but very balanced scenario, we play Burn it to the ground, which has about 50 - 50 win ratio, but is often decided in the last 3 turns.

Also a word of caution, adding dot rules to some scenarios can severely change the odds. In our recent defend the manor we added grave weapons and survival decks, some hero cards and radioactive dead and the experience system for both parts. The zombies didnt stand a chance.

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]