Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
IFOS ships?
10-01-2010, 09:38 PM
RE: IFOS ships?
I'm cursed by my geographical location. Even when I get the shipping email I know I still have another week to wait at least while it ships to my Antipodean domain...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2010, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2010 05:36 PM by Old Dwarf.)
What's sad when I saw this Topic I thought the Game had a space combat component between ships.

OD

OK-M you have the Game for several Hours by now-Give us an opinion.

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
10-02-2010, 10:59 PM
My copy just arrived a little while ago (I'm in SoCal, so it's a short trip by mail from Washington). The game looks fantastic. I seem to have been, unfortunately, bitten by the erroneous packaging bug. I have a double of one of the L boards, and didn't receive one of them (from pics on BGG it's the L Board with the big round (not ferris wheel) thing on it.

I have two of the board with the House of Horrors / Fortune Teller / Concession stand.

The other four I have are:
Fun House / Bear Tent
Ferris Wheel / Trapeze Tent
Animal Pens / We Olde Curiosity Shop / Shooting Gallery
Storage Room / The Arcade / Second State Tent

If anyone who gets their copy would be so kind as to let me know what that last L Board has one it, it would be SUPER appreciated. Thanks!

I've contacted FFP, and I'm sure they'll take care of it once they're done with the kerfuffle of shipping all the games out. Hopefully I'll get a shot at playing in the next day or three. Thankfully, you don't NEED all 6 L board to play right off the bat.
10-03-2010, 12:27 AM
Mine arrived earlier today. I've been devouring the rules, and am looking forward to giving the game an initial play-through tonight. (The CD is fun -- it's similar in sound to the other soundtracks, but the martian sounds add a lot to it.)

Malkie, the board corner you're missing has (1-2) the Magik Wagon (pick up: any Magik), (3-4) Lion Tent (pick up: Bill Whip), and (5-6) Fire Wagon (pick up: Any Fire or Explosive). The big ring you're seeing is the ring inside the lion tent.

I'm going to want to try a couple rounds of the game straight before I try mixing it with LNoE, but I'm thrilled to see them include a 3-way crossover battle scenario in it. In theory, this could allow up to 8 players: 2 zombie players, 2 martian players, and 4 hero players.
10-03-2010, 12:53 AM
Mmmmm this is sounding like a lot of fun.
I received my 'electronic shipping info received' email. Now I've just got to wait for the long journey to finish...
10-03-2010, 01:10 AM
Thanks for the reply. Again, I'm sure FFP will take care of it. Honestly, I cant say I've felt better taken care of by a game company than I have with them. Only real complaint is that FFP needs to get someone to better design boxes. Once you free all the bits and pieces from the boards, they're kind of a pain to fit in the box unless you don't mind a free-for-all pile of doom. I've got them sorted, somewhat, into baggies, and it was a challenge to get it all to fit.

That said, I also foresee expansions (or at least HOPE) on the level of LNOE, which means that sooner, rather than later, I'll just end up migrating it all to a custom box anyway.

Right now all my LNOE stuff (I've got most of it, save a few variant colors of figs and some promo cards) is in a Pelican 1500 case with a pair of tacklebox cases for the figs and "bits" and a custom holder for the cards and the like.
10-04-2010, 06:48 AM
"Your item left the United States from ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS) at 2:50 pm on October 03, 2010." Could not be happier! Zombie17
10-05-2010, 03:00 AM
Got mine in the mail today. I've very excited to play my first game this weekend. My only complaint so far is the colors of the Martian pieces. I'm color blind, so I can't tell the difference between the blue and the purple pieces. My 5 year old had to help me separate the two so I could paint the bases in colors I can see....
10-05-2010, 04:31 AM
(10-05-2010 03:00 AM)doctordoomphd Wrote:  I'm color blind...

Out of curiosity, what color do you paint the bases to make them distinguishable?

Personally (other than my duped boards), my only issue is that the box isn't OCD friendly. I've got the bits and pieces sorted into small baggies, and it takes a little finagling to get everything to fit in the box.

That said, I'd be shocked if we don't see several expansions / addons / etc for the game (ala LNOE), which just means I'll be buying another Pelican case sooner or later to store it all in.
10-05-2010, 12:43 PM
(10-05-2010 04:31 AM)malkie13 Wrote:  
(10-05-2010 03:00 AM)doctordoomphd Wrote:  I'm color blind...

Out of curiosity, what color do you paint the bases to make them distinguishable?

Personally (other than my duped boards), my only issue is that the box isn't OCD friendly. I've got the bits and pieces sorted into small baggies, and it takes a little finagling to get everything to fit in the box.

I just grabbed two random colors from the local hobby shop. I think they are Ice Blue and Metallic Fire. I had purchased both of those colors to paint my LNOE zomibes, because I had the same problem. I had a really hard time telling the browns from the greens. Then I opened the box for IFOS yesterday and thought I mistakenly got 18 of the same color! But like I mentioned, my 5 year old said "this is purple, this is blue. Why can't you tell that?" So he separate them to opposite sides of the table for me and out came the left over paint.

I can also forsee putting this away being a problem. I have everything but the 18 Martians (since the bases and glue for the helments dried overnight) in the box right now, and it barely fits.