Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNoE Game Report 15 It Fell From The Sky (me as Zombies)
02-15-2012, 03:26 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2013 07:12 PM by samuraitrev.)
LNoE Game Report 15 It Fell From The Sky (me as Zombies)
Hi there to all you LNoE gamers new starters and vets. This report is from the Radioactive Grave Dead expansion and comes when you buy the figures here if you want to see http://stores.homestead.com/FlyingFrogPr....bok?no=39 As always there's always tales of Heroism herein... Those of you who dig Lovecraft should have The Color From Out of Space in mind...

Scenario Special Rules: Zombies Auto Spawn, Radioactive Grave Dead, Heroes Replenish, Hero Starting Cards (1).
Mission The Heroes must destroy the radioactive meteorite that has crashed in the centre of town. (Cause it 12 damage).
Board Sections The Factory, Graveyard, Hospital and Super Market.
Characters Mr Goddard, Billy, Father Joseph and Ash (Yes from Evil Dead! Thanks to vikinglad)
Starting Zombies 3
Turns 16

PI = Play Immediately
RIP = Remains In Play
UI = Unique Item
ST = Survival Tactic
ZGW= Zombie Grave Weapon

Pregame
Ash starts with his Shotgun. Billy gets a Hunting Rifle. Father Joseph is with his best friend Old Betsy. They say their pets look like their owners? How apt...

Turn 1
Ash farms the S-Mart Pick up for some Gasoline
"Groovy"
Ash then fires his Shotgun into a rotten face spreading it's contents over the polished tiles. First kill to Ash. Billy picks up an old Shovel and fires his Rifle at the meteorite causing it +1 damage. Father Joseph deals with the nightmare by taking out an expensive Cigar.
"Steady Betsy old girl you can have a few drags too"
The dog's perpetually sad eyes regarded him with mild interest.

Turn 2
Mr Goddard is leapt upon and wounded by a Radioactive Zombie if only he'd had a Geiger counter... Billy settles himself and fires his Rifle like his father taught him. He fires twice and causes the meteorite +1 damage. The Rifle is now discarded. Billy now only has a hand weapon. Ash farms the S-Mart again for a Signal Flare. Father Joseph decides God would want him to blow these mothers to hell and decides he will use guns and he will Rise To The Challenge. Ash destroys one of the Radioactive Grave Dead with the Shotgun it's body collapses into a glowing putrid slime. (These are the glowing green slime counters). Mr Goddard runs into the S-Mart and Ash gives him the Gasoline and the Signal Flare.
"Hey primitive you best take these, and try not to crap yourself. I've brought an old friend o' mine"
Ash spins the still smoking Shotgun 3 times and holsters it down his back. Mr Goddard slowly backs away. It was clear this stranger was slightly unhinged. Father Joseph still locked up in the Church discards Keys after picking them up and gets out his D.I.Y Welding Torch.

Turn 3
Suddenly the windows of the S-Mart burst as 2 Radioactive Grave Dead throw themselves through them. Ash and Mr Goddard are wounded once each. Mr Goddard makes a break for it leaving Ash.
"They're coming from that damn glowing rock! Time for some demolition!" Mr Goddard places the Gasoline next to the meteorite and backs off. He then lights his fire item and throws it at the Gasoline. BOOM! causing the meteorite +4 damage.

Father Joseph leaves Old Betsy to defend the Church, pinning a Zombie to the floor. Joseph knows in his heart he will never see her sad eyes again...

Turn 4
The properties of the Meteorite affect the weather causing acid Heavy Rain that burns to the touch. The trees and grass begin to take on strange hues and begin to sway strangely despite there being no discernable wind... Billy cries Just What I Needed when he picks up some Gasoline. Mr Goddard fires the Signal Flare at the meteorite causing it +1 damage.

Turn 5
Mr Goddard is leapt upon by one of the glowing Radioactive Grave Dead wielding a Machete. A gruesome cut opens across Goddard's back he falls to the ground wounded. [The Zombie rolled doubles so got to attack him again.] Goddard looked up from his prone position into two glowing putrid eyes. The thing stood there both arms aloft, the Machete poised for the inevitable hack. With a bestial snarl the Machete came down. R.I.P Mr Goddard at least the end was swift. Billy cowered in the Drug store feeling powerless to help.

The Zombies had gained their Advanced Ability Swarm. Out of hiding crawls our new Hero Becky. Billy has deja vu saying Just What I Needed finding a Hunting Rifle. He fires it at a Zombie killing it and the gun is discarded. Ash turns another Radioactive Grave Dead into glowing goo with the Shotgun which is then discarded. Father Joseph had made it to the Aircraft Hanger and finds a large stash of Signal Flares. He fires one at the meteorite causing it +1 damage. Becky runs to the limping Ash and heals his wound.

Turn 6
Old Betsy runs off howling from the Church and picks up her master's scent. Billy is wounded by a Zombie obviously from Hospital dragging around a blood drip. Father Joseph fires another Signal Flare at the meteorite causing +1 damage. Ash finds another Shotgun and unloads it at another Zombie at point blank. The Zombie drops, it's brain munching days over.
"C'Mon maggotty losers. Keep coming... Daddy's got a surprise BOOM! Waghhh ha haa!! That's gotta hurt!".
Billy kills a Zombie in hand to hand with the Shovel which shatters on impact and is discarded.

Turn 7
Father Joseph is surrounded by 3 Zombies and is enthused by heavenly Heroes Rage and Faith. He single handedly sends all 3 straight to hell with his bare hands and feet.
"I KICK ASS FOR THE LORD!"
Billy is ambushed and attacked and killed by a 2 Radioactive Gravedead and a Zombie. His screams are swallowed up by the thunder and rain.

The Zombies had now gained their second Advanced Ability Infectious. A new Hero, Sam, emerges from the drug store we won't go into detail why he's been out of it until this point. His only possession a Flashlight. Father Joseph fires another Signal Flare at the meteorite causing it another +1 damage. Ash ends another Zombie with the Shotgun and the gun is discarded due to Resilient.

Turn 8
Father Joseph discards his Welding Torch feeling a little Hopeless. He then fires another Signal Flare at the meteorite causing it another +1 damage. Sam picks up a very sharp Circular Saw. Becky finds a Shotgun and makes her first Zombie kill.

Turn 9
A Recently Dead GWZ comes running from the shadows and wounds Sam. He staggers back feeling ...Kinda Strange Father Joseph takes a wound with his Strength of Spirit and manages to cancel Kinda Strange.
"Come back to the light my son"
Sam's wound is still worsened as it's Infectious he gets a second wound. Sam kills a different Recently Dead GWZ with the Circular Saw. Father Joseph kills his 4th Zombie in hand to hand Get Back You Devils. Becky strides forward knowing what she must do. Zombies surrounded her vomiting radioactive gore.

She unloaded the Shotgun into the exposed core of the meteorite causing the last +1 damage. The meteorite imploded with an other worldly sickening bass drone. One by one the dead began to collapse into glowing slime or rotting bundles. The exhausted survivors beheld the carnage and gathered together embracing. All her life Becky had wanted to heal. This time she had healed a town, maybe the country, perhaps even the world.

Epilogue: Woodinvale soon became deserted re-locating to the East. Nothing would grow or live for several square kilometers. The area became known as The Blasted Heath a dusty wasteland. It was shunned by the locals and never spoken of. Travellers would report weird lights up there and unplaceable feeling of dread upon the dark unwholesome moor...

Result Hero victory.
Weapon of choice Shotgun (6 kills)
Hero of the game Mr Goddard caused 5 damage to the meteorite.
I hope you enjoyed this report. I had a great time playing this scenario and writing up this report. If you read it or just looked at the pics. etc please comment. I like to hear from you guys. It makes doing these reports worthwhile.
To see the next game report go here http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...as-Zombies
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2012, 06:09 PM
RE: Game Report 15 It Fell From The Sky
Where's the mini for the meteorite? :P Zombie03

good report, as always. I liked that you were able to create an actual relationship that I cared about between Father Joe and Betsy with just a few sentences.

So... in the epilogue, even tho the Heroes won... they still kinda lost in the long run. I know you are primarily a zombie player, but c'mon! Can't the Heroes actually have a happy ending when they win for once? :P Zombie03
02-15-2012, 06:58 PM
Yeah gutted I didn't have a meteorite model. I will have to get one.
Hey it's hard for me to write happy endings.Zombie03 What with being souless and all. I tell you what munky ('cos I like your contributions to my game reports). The next time the Heroes win there won't be a trace of doom and gloom. Hey it could be worse they got a new town built, some of 'em survived and I let Betsy live! Hehe!Watchmen02 Anyway thanks for checking it out.
02-15-2012, 08:44 PM
(02-15-2012 03:26 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  "Hey primative you best take these, and try not to crap yourself. I've brought an old friend o' mine"

Love seeing Ash represented. Great read as always, Samurai. Beautiful photos too. Thanks for taking the time to do these. I never tried this scenario, but it looks like lots of fun.
02-15-2012, 08:53 PM
Hi, I always like your game reports. and yes I agree with Munky, the reports are sorta sad. So many newly activated Zombies...slaughtered, shot....some human tearing the cute widdle zombie apart ??? I mean that is just a bunch of sad maniical zombie deaths. For what to save some backwater town ??? I think not. I just hope the cute green glowy guys come to my town. I will show them hospitality Watchmen02

Nice report Samuri Trev, I always enjoy a nice story around the radiation pit.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
02-15-2012, 10:53 PM
Great report Watchmen02
02-16-2012, 04:17 AM
o wow!!! i love your gasoline mini xD and your zombie models so jelly... this is the first time reading your report and will look for your other ones soon haha

Please... I'm adorable!!
02-23-2012, 07:03 PM
@vikinglad I would say this is 1 of my top 3 favorite scenarios. It really felt like a story was being told throughout the scenario. + you actually have a reason why the Zombies are in town and a bit of the other worldliness for good measure. Alien technology? Unknown Forces/elements from out of space?

Pefect B-Movie stuff all the way!

@thegep. Cheers!
@lilvgwLet me know what you think of the other reports they're all in here The Tomb http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Forum-The-Tomb
03-15-2012, 05:19 AM
Love the "I kick ass for the lord!" quip. Is that from Brain Dead/Dead Alive?

Might as well fit in with the B-movie vibe eh?
03-15-2012, 03:02 PM
(03-15-2012 05:19 AM)Franzoid Wrote:  Love the "I kick ass for the lord!" quip. Is that from Brain Dead/Dead Alive?

Might as well fit in with the B-movie vibe eh?

That sure is Braindead allright Watchmen02

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user