Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNoE Game Report 16 Hunt For Survivors (me as Zombies)
02-18-2012, 02:43 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2013 07:13 PM by samuraitrev.)
LNoE Game Report 16 Hunt For Survivors (me as Zombies)
Greetings all those who love to get up early and mash Zombies all day. Also a shout out to you creepy shambling rotters who love the smell of brains in the morning...Welcome to another game report. We played this scenario for my birthday. It's from the expansion Hero Pack 1. As always board sections and characters were picked at random. Special item Truck Keys.

Scenario Special Rules: Zombies Auto Spawn, Hero Starting Cards (1), Heroes Replenish, Number Counters.
Mission The Heroes must search 6 locations then get the hell out of town in the Truck.
Board Sections Gun Shop, Junkyard, The Factory and Graveyard.
Characters Johnny, Rachelle, Jenny and Becky.
Starting Zombies 5
Turns 16

PI = Play Immediately
RIP = Remains In Play
UI = Unique Item
ST = Survival Tactic
ZGW= Zombie Grave Weapon

Pregame
Rachelle gets her Revolver and Flashlight and starts with the Truck Keys. Jenny has some Jumper Cables. The Library has Stock Pile: Guns in it.

Turn 1
Johnny steps out of the truck as they arrive at the centre of town.
"Ok ladies this is gonna be a cakewalk. The place is deserted we have a scope around and bail"
Johnny opens the truck door to a Shambling corpse who wounds him. Rachelle is on her feet, Revolver unholstered in seconds. She fires it at a Zombie killing it. Johnny looks at her forcing a smile through his agony.
"Jeez and I thought I had the best double tap method down!"
Johnny slowly makes a Recovery and his wound is healed.

Turn 2
At that second another festering Zombie comes Shambling out of a dark corner dragging Rachelle to the ground. During the struggle she's wounded and Feels Kinda Strange... Becky searches the 1st area and finds nothing. Jenny searches the 2nd area and Finds Jeb. Johnny searches the 3rd area and finds...
"Yo Yo Yo dog! Where the hell you been at? How could ya leave your bro T-Bone? Anyways we gotta move. Ya got any beer?"
The silence is shattered by a Revolver Report as another Zombie's head explodes.
"Hooooweeee that bitch's cold! She single?"

Turn 3
Relaxing a while and reloading her sidearm Rachelle is mobbed as the Zombies come Closing In. She receives another wound and changes into a Zombie Hero dropping the Truck Keys in the Gas Station.

A new Hero, Stacy, arrives in town to investigate reports of a violent infection. She brings her Fire Extinguisher from her car and picks up a Pushbroom leaning on a wall. The Zombies had gained an Advanced Ability Outbreak.

Turn 4
They're Coming From The Police Station. Johnny takes a Hunting Rifle from the Library stockpile.

Turn 5
T-Bone: "Hey dude! That gun fox is coming back. Ask her if I can hold her guns.
Johnny: "'scuse me miss. My inbred friend says can he, what the AGHHHHHHHH!!!"
Johnny is wounded by Zombie Rachelle.

Turn 6
Becky is surrounded as the Zombies Relentlessly Advance twice. She receives almost fatal bites with 2 wounds. Jenny searches the 4th area and finds Coach Packer. Johnny escapes the clutches of the maniac Zombie cop from hell and sees a Zombie walking around with a large cylinder of compressed air.
"Say T-Bone I wonder what would happen if I fired my rifle at that freak with the big red can?"
BOOM!!! 2 Zombies are blown to mincemeat. The gun is discarded.

Stacy picks up a Hunting Rifle from the Gun Shop. Becky is too wounded to escape The Factory and is wounded again. She suffers a messy death. Use your imagination...

A new unsuspecting Hero arrives, Jake, finding his way around with his Torch. The Zombies had gained their new Advanced Ability Infectious.

Turn 7
Unbeknownst to Jake the town was overrun with Zombies. He learns the lesson fast as a Zombie jumps out of a doorway and wounds him. Stacy props the Hunting Rifle on the windowsill of the Gun Shop and fires off two shots at a ZGW Stench of Death and a ZGW Crawling Torso both head shots drop them. The gun is discarded. Jenny gives Johnny her Jumper Cables.
"Hey babe, I like the rough stuff too, but we gotta get out here first!"
T-Bone's laugh is cut short as Jenny catches Johnny with a mean right hook.

Turn 8
Jake arrives and joins up with Johnny. With a suddenly maniac Zombie cop Rachelle leaps through the window of the Antique shop and tries to pin Johnny.
"Whoa not this time, Get back you devil she-bitch! T hold her down! Ok It's dead. Thanks man. Owww I think I was Bitten... you ever feel like we're in some kinda movie? This is getting so weird. Jesus they're all over us"
Zombie Rachelle was finally dead-dead. In the fight Jake was wounded by another Zombie as they gathered for the inevitable.

Stacy comes to the rescue blasting all the Zombies back with the Fire Extinguisher. She discards the empty can. Johnny searches the 5th area and finds Deputy Taylor.
"'sup man? Thanks for hiding. You've been a real big help"

Turn 9
Jake kills a Zombie fighting tooth and nail. Johnny is wounded again and starts to turn.
"Oh man, not like this, not like this. T do what ya gotta do. Fetch a gun. I feel itchy all over, well more scratchy. I..."
Johnny had become a Zombie Hero. A new Hero arrives, Father Joseph who finds Just What I Needed a Fire Extinguisher. The Zombie had gained their 3rd Advanced Ability Ravenous.

Turn 10
Jake decides after seeing Johnny turn, I Don't Trust 'Em. Stacy is wounded by Zombie Johnny whilst trying to capture the change on film. Father Joseph is wounded as a ZGW Crawling Torso attaches its self around his ankle. Stacy kills a ZGW Barbed Wire with the Rifle. Jake picks up a Revolver from the Gun Shop. Father Joseph uses/discards the Fire Extinguisher to get into the Zombie infested Gas Station and searches for the 6th and last survivor the place is empty. Bar some heavily gnawed bones. He snatches up the Truck Keys.
"Thank you Lord. Now time to save my flock."
Meanwhile Jake charges a Zombie bellowing Let's Rock but is wounded by the ZGW Crawling Torso.

Turn 11
All the buildings had been searched the truck was ready to go all the Heroes had to do was get to the truck. Father Joseph prepared to leave when a familiar shadow caught his eye.
"Johnny? Is that you? Oh Heaven be praised I was sure they'd got you. Ok the Truck's right outside if we AGHHHHHHHHHH!!!"
Zombies came from every angle leaving no chance of escape. A Zombie choked momentarily as the Truck Keys slipped down it's mangled throat.

Result Zombie victory (4 Heroes killed).
Weapon of choice Hunting Rifle (6 kills)
Hero of the game Johnny (Searched 2 locations and killed 3 Zombies)

Epilogue: (The next day)
T-Bone: "Hey your table manners are actually better, but you asked me bro. Peace" BLAM!!!
Hope you enjoyed this report. Please commentWatchmen02
For the next game report go here http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...as-Zombies
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2012, 04:45 PM
RE: Game Report 16 Hunt For Survivors
I don't know if this was done on purpose, or was just a happy accident, but the lighting from the first pic to the last changes, giving it the look and feel that the sun is going down.... Very cool effect, even if it wasn't on purpose.

I always imagined the town of Woodinvale being a small town somewhere in the midwest of the US, not anywhere near an ocean. That really makes me wonder where the surfer came from. I imagine the zombie outbreak is occurring in other places, and this poor rotting chap has been aimlessly wandering with his board for a loooong time.

Nice report as always! Zombie17
02-19-2012, 07:38 PM
Haha I'd like to say the photos were took like that on purpose to represent the passage of time but no it's just coincidence. The surfer just tagged along with a Zombie herd and found himself in Woodinvale. Thanks for checking out the report munkyWatchmen02
02-21-2012, 11:31 PM
My buddies and I played this last night. It didn't go well for the Heroes. This is a tough win.

In the event of a Zombie Apocalypse please do the following:
1. Grab a buddy
2. Grab guns
3. Start shooting
02-22-2012, 03:28 AM
(02-18-2012 02:43 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Greetings all those who love to get up early and mash Zombies all day. Also a shout out to you creepy shambling rotters who love the smell of brains in the morning...Welcome to another game report. We played this scenario for my birthday. It's from the expansion Hero Pack 1. As always board sections and characters were picked at random. Special item Truck Keys.....

I love the personalized zombie pool you've built. Nice paint jobs. I was at a hobby shop today to buy a compartmentalized craft box to keep all the various markers and pieces of LNOE organized and on the spur of the moment I decided to buy painting supplies. Hopefully I got everything I need to paint the minis (I was trying to recall all the steps in your instruction manual). I'm going to practice on some of my son's army men or cowboys and Indians first before I risk any LNOE figures.

I wish that FF sold sets of just the hero figures on their website then I wouldn't be so worried about making a mistake.
02-22-2012, 03:43 AM
Have I seen your Rachelle figure before? I don't recall. Quite a nice 'un.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-22-2012, 03:45 PM
....so sad....all the Heroes are gone.......How will the Zombies survive with out any food ?

I will have to wait for the next exciting episode of "As the Zombie Bites"

Same Bite Time
Same Bite Channel

Hugz, your awesome as always. I really enjoy the way you write. You present it as any good action movie should be.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
02-23-2012, 06:36 PM
@mqstout. Thanks. She's lurking in the Gallery somewhere. I don't think I did a thread when I finished her.

@Princess. Glad you enjoyed 'em. Hugz back...wow nice carotid artery...

@Goodcop. Maybe you could practice on some Zombies first. I'm sure you'll do fine. My Zombie pool is about 80 strong now and growing. You can never have enough Zombies. If you want to check them out see here http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/thu...p?album=26

Cheers everyone for checking these out. I'm off for a pint tonight. I'll raise a toast to you guys.Zombie03
02-23-2012, 11:42 PM
(02-22-2012 03:28 AM)goodcop2000 Wrote:  I love the personalized zombie pool you've built. Nice paint jobs. I was at a hobby shop today to buy a compartmentalized craft box to keep all the various markers and pieces of LNOE organized and on the spur of the moment I decided to buy painting supplies. Hopefully I got everything I need to paint the minis (I was trying to recall all the steps in your instruction manual). I'm going to practice on some of my son's army men or cowboys and Indians first before I risk any LNOE figures.

I wish that FF sold sets of just the hero figures on their website then I wouldn't be so worried about making a mistake.

There are methods to strip your models of the paint if you don't like/ aren't happy with it. I used to use Simple Green all purpose cleaner and a toothbrush to strip my plastic GW minis. I'd have to give it a test on the plastic for LNOE models, but I don't think it would be too much of a problem for the models Watchmen02

What you don't know can eat you... Zombie01
02-24-2012, 03:45 AM
This is awesome. My friends were just joking that we should keep a log of the game just to see how it played out. We just played a game the other night where where Billy was turned into a zombie and had to be gunned down by his dad! Nooooo!!! Biiiillllyyy! I'm sorry! We were rolling.

Through victory my chains are broken.