Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNoE Game Report 4B Defend The Manor House (me as Heroes)
06-16-2012, 03:49 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2013 07:24 PM by samuraitrev.)
LNoE Game Report 4B Defend The Manor House (me as Heroes)
Hello LNoE fans and welcome to another game report.

Scenario Special Rules: Hero Starting Cards 1, Zombies Auto Spawn

Mission: The Heroes must defend the Manor House until morning. The Zombies win by getting 9 or more Zombies into the Manor House.
Board Sections: Gun Shop, High School, The Barn and The Factory.
Characters: Kenny, Father Joseph, Sam and Becky.
Starting Zombies: 6
Turns: 17

PI = Play Immediately
RIP = Remains In Play
UI = Unique Item
ST = Survival Tactic
ZGW= Zombie Grave Weapon

Pregame
Kenny is a Survivor (+1 Movement) and is armed with a Pitchfork. Father Joseph has his Lighter for lighting the church candles and the odd crafty smoke. Sam goes typically gung ho style with a Hunting Rifle. Becky sports a Baseball Bat. There's a Stockpile: of Guns in The Barn. All 4 Heroes start in The Manor House. May the carnage commence!

Turn 1
Sam: "This is my Rifle this is my gun this one's for fighting this one's for fun!"
Becky: "Eww"
Sam: "You know ya love it girlie. Right listen up chumps. We got this placed locked down. None of those brain hungry f*@ks are getting in here on my watch. We got bagboy on lookout and toilet cleaning. Priest you're on barricades. An you sweetie pie, you just keep bringing me bullets while I lay down some good ol' fashioned pain."
Father Joseph: "Faith is stronger than bullets my son"
Sam: "We'll see priest, you keep praying and I'll keep shooting. I suggest you get chopping up more o' that furniture and covering those windows."
Father Joseph uses Strength Of Spirit but fails and takes a wound. (From here I'll call it SOS). Becky heals him.

Turn 2
Kenny:"Well I unblocked it. Jeez Sam what did you eat?"
Sam: "Don't question your superiors' maggot, now back to lookout they could be anyw-AGHHHHHHHHH!!"
Sam is wounded in the Manor House as A Zombie smashed through a weak plank and took a large bite out of his arm. The Zombie then skulked off licking its rotten lips. [an hour passes]
Becky: "Hey wake up, you don't look so good"
Sam: "I Feel Kinda Strange, well more like s**t warmed up actually..."
Father Joseph: "Oh Almighty God cleanse the evil out of this nearly good person. Deliver him from the grasp of Satan!"
Father Joseph uses SOS and cancels I Feel Kinda Strange. Becky has a Lucky Find in the Library UI Victor's Handcuffs. Sam takes aim with his Rifle and makes the first kill from the Manor House. Becky heals Joseph again.
Becky: "Take it easy Father you're working too hard."

Turn 3
Becky decides that waiting to die in the Manor House is folly and taking orders from a fat, bald vet with BO and issues beyond measure too much. She becomes a Loner. Father Joseph fails a SOS and is wounded. Becky finds a Revolver. Father Joseph finds an UI Old Newspaper in the Library and uses it to get a Pump Shotgun. He gives it to Becky and Takes her Baseball Bat.
Father Joseph: "The Godless will have to fend for them selves. The Lord gave me a sign and I found this. Here you use it. I will fight them with faith. Now help me move these bookcases against the windows."
Meanwhile Sam is in his sniper nest in the Manor house and drops another 2 Zombies with his Rifle. KAPOWWW!
Sam: "How's that feel? Wow look at that head come apart. Oh you want some too F%*kface? Ok come on in" KAPOWWW! Becky heals Father Joseph yet again.

Turn 4
Sam had sent Kenny out to 'recce' whatever that meant and Kenny finds some Gasoline in the High School. Father Joseph uses SOS and fails. Becky's Shotgun runs out of ammo and is discarded. Becky heals Joseph. Sam's ammo supply has run out and he discards his Rifle.

Turn 5
Joseph takes 2 crucial wounds cancelling a Locked Door barring Kenny's way. Kenny could now enter the Manor House and place his Gasoline in there. Becky shoots the Gasoline with her Revolver and it explodes engulfing the Manor House in flames killing 4 Zombies in the inferno.

Joseph limps towards Becky to have 1 of his wounds healed.

Turn 6
Kenny is attacked by 2 Zombies in the Manor House he loses his Survivor ability and then takes a wound from a Rusty Axe ZGW. Sam Picks Up a new Rifle from the Gun Shop and tests it by putting a well placed bullet through a Zombies brain.
Sam: "HAWW HAWWW (cough, cough!) Take your medicine bitch!"
Kenny desperately tries to flee the Manor House but gets a Twisted Ankle (-1 Movement) The Zombies slowly advanced upon his prone position. Sam gets his Advanced Ability Flashback.

Turn 7
Kenny: "HELP, HELP SAM WHERE ARE YOU? AIEEEEEEE!!!"
Kenny had rolled a 1 for movement now 3 times in a row and paid the ultimate price. Then there were 3. The Zombies had gained their 1st Advanced Ability Swarm. All was quiet in the still partially burning Manor House as the Zombies devoured the luckless student...

Turn 8
Father Joseph is wounded by a Zombie in The Barn as he tries to get a weapon from the Stockpile. Becky kills a Blood Spray ZGW with her Revolver. Sam has to discard his Rifle yet again...

Turn 9
Father Joseph loses his Baseball Bat but kills another Zombie.
Joseph: "Eat Dirt Zombie" One of his wounds are also healed. Becky fires her Revolver and kills a Barbed Wire ZGW trying to get into the Manor House. She now has her Advanced Ability Field Medicine.

Turn 10
Sam Picks Up his 3rd Hunting Rifle from the Gun Shop. He fires it at a Machete wielding ZGW and kills it. Becky drops another Zombie with her Revolver. The Heroes battled but every Zombie that fell more would arise to take their places.

Turn 11
Father Joseph could see the lights still on in the Manor House and limped the best he could. He knew once in the protected walls he could rest and perhaps heal. He saw his guardian angel Becky she'd saved him several times this hellish night. He called out to her and as she turned with a look of horror on her face Joseph turned slowly to look into the rotten faces of two of his flock behind him...
Father Joseph: "God forgive me Aghhhhhhhhhh!!!"
Becky was too late and couldn't save the only man she'd been able to turn to in this strange town and who had become a sort of surrogate father to her. She swore for bloody vengeance and a swift end to this madness. The Zombies had gained their 2nd Advanced Ability Infectious.

Sam carried on taking pot shots at walkers with his Rifle. A Recently Dead ZGW fell to the ground headless.

Turn 12
Becky: "My God They've Taken The Barn I hope dad wasn't there!" She crawled slowly through the cornfields she had played in as a child. Now they were the only thing hiding her from the grasp of rotten hands and slavering mouths. Suddenly she bumped into a pair of legs and the Zombie with bestial ferociousness threw her to the ground and clamped its blackened teeth into her shoulder wounding her. Meanwhile another Zombie advanced on the Manor House and Sam fired at it again and again, unable to get the headshot in the panic. With his last Rifle bullet the thing dropped right outside the Manor House window. The Resilient Zombie was finally dead and Sam discarded his Rifle in exhaustion.

Turn 13
Sam Picks Up his 4th! Hunting Rifle from the Gun Shop. Becky still pursued in the Cornfield endeavoured to keep drawing Zombies away from the Manor House. Zombies drawn by the smell of fresh blood began to swarm in the corn. Some Zombies crawled on all fours sniffing at the ground like beasts some howled perhaps calling for other Zombies. Becky managed to wrap Victors Handcuffs around a crawling Zombies throat and break its neck which actually snapped and tore off its decomposing head. A huge Zombie had been drawn it had a ZGW Bloated Body her blows rained upon it tearing off chunks of maggot ridden flesh. The thing hit her with a powerful strike across her head she collapsed and the Zombies descended upon their pray (editor: sorry readers I had to remove the graphic descriptions of mutilation here. enjoy the rest of the story) The Zombies had gained their 3rd Advanced Ability Ravenous.

Turn 14
Sam decides I've got to get to the General Store. He resolutely marches towards the Manor House for the final showdown firing his Rifle again killing yet another Zombie. Bodies lay festering across the town. The place was becoming a mass grave.

Turn 15
With a feeling of Hopelessness Sam surveyed the battlefield. His squad was wiped out and the bunker had been taken. More Zombies were pouring into the town perhaps a herd from bridestown. There would be countless Legions of the Dead. Another Zombie crept into the Manor House claiming residency. The town was lost. Sam lit up a cigar, slung his pack onto his back and made for the wilderness.

Result: Zombie victory (9 Zombies in the Manor House).
Weapon of choice: Hunting Rifle (8 kills)
Hero(s) of the game: Sam (8 and lived)

Epilogue:
The fire that had began with the Gasoline spread throughout the Manor House and it burned to the ground a beacon in the darkness for the undead for miles around. Sam took advantage of the distraction to slip out of the area unseen. He made for the surrounding villages finding much the same. His battle for survival continues... The Zombies gathered around the flames what had drawn them remains unknown. Perhaps the warmth, perhaps a bestial wonder or buried memories of security and comfort. A single Zombie wearing all black with a white collar stepped into the flames and was engulfed.

Upon Reflection
Wow 17 Zombies destroyed and it still wasn't enough! They just kept coming I fought desperately blowing them up and getting through guns like there was no tomorrow. Kenny had no chance. Basically if you're a student with one wound and you can't roll higher than a 1 you're Zombie meat. I teamed Becky and Joseph up taking advantage of his SOS and her healing but even this wasn't enough. I also used Becky to draw the Zombies into the cornfield while Sam fired twice every time from the Gun shop. It was working until near the end when Becky died. She was hiding most of the time and kicking ass with Victors Handcuffs I knew she wouldn't last forever but I hoped I would make it to the end. So close. The Zombies were tenacious and didn't deviate they just kept marching towards the house and their swarm mentality eventually overcame the living defenders.

Hope you enjoyed this report. Please comment
To see the next game report go here http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...-as-Heroes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2012, 05:24 PM
RE: Game Report 5B Defend The Manor House
Wow, sounded like a fun game! Mass zombie carnage but the horde was just relentless...

Thanks for the report, Trev. It was fun to read.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
06-17-2012, 05:05 PM
What GC2K said. Fun read.

Also, the Father J & Becky combo was really interesting. I think Becky's the least played Hero in my group. I'll try introduce your strategy and see if that changes.

How many players were you and which side did you play, Trev?

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-17-2012, 07:27 PM
(06-17-2012 05:05 PM)scarydk Wrote:  What GC2K said. Fun read.

Also, the Father J & Becky combo was really interesting. I think Becky's the least played Hero in my group. I'll try introduce your strategy and see if that changes.

How many players were you and which side did you play, Trev?

There was 2 players and I played the Heroes. When I used to play the Zombies I used to think the Heroes were just lame. Unfortunately not the case. The Zombies are mean mofos period.
06-18-2012, 04:43 PM
OMG They've killed Kenny (so fast)!
06-18-2012, 06:41 PM
(06-18-2012 04:43 PM)LFuzer Wrote:  OMG They've killed Kenny (so fast)!

Yeah Kenny got owned pretty damn quick. Mind you he set the Gasoline in the Manor House to buy the rest of the Heroes some time.
06-18-2012, 08:31 PM
Holy poo! That sounded like an AWESOME game! That was really epic! I mean, the heroes were really kicking some zombie butt, and killing tons of zombies... Yet it still wasn't enough! A game session like that is definitely one of the most fun to play.

Plus, you really knew how to strategize for the best chance of taking out zombies. Once again, awesome game report! Thanks again for sharing these.
06-19-2012, 12:38 AM
We have never had heroes win Defend the Manor House. It is too stinkin' tough. Sounds like you had some great strategies set up, and were still overwhelmed. As always, I love the pics. The monk zed always makes me chuckle. Nice report. Watchmen02
06-19-2012, 07:18 PM
(06-19-2012 12:38 AM)vikinglad Wrote:  We have never had heroes win Defend the Manor House. It is too stinkin' tough. Sounds like you had some great strategies set up, and were still overwhelmed. As always, I love the pics. The monk zed always makes me chuckle. Nice report. Watchmen02

I have only had a chance to play this scenario once so far, but the zombies won pretty easily. LOL! Yet, it was still A LOT of fun! I have to kind of agree. This is one scenario that seems perhaps just a bit too hard for the heroes side, but I couldn't possibly care less (as the heroes or the zombies). It is still so much fun to play.

Plus, as samuraitrev has shown here, it isn't impossible for the heroes. He came pretty close.
06-21-2012, 01:08 PM
excellent report Trev, as always, I will also copy your Becky-Joseph combo
From my experience, we have played this scenario twice, 1st one was an easy win for zombies, 2nd was kinda balanced(i had a chance to put in the 9th zombie with shamble but i rolled 1 and it didn't reach it) and in the end the heroes lasted for the victory.