Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Last Night in Springfield (working title)
03-09-2011, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2011 11:39 AM by Cimex188.)
RE: Last Night in Springfield (working title)
Cletus Spuckler: Molotov cocktail works same as the gas marker in rule book (page 18)

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2011, 11:40 AM
Snake Jailbird:

03-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Wow, this is awesome!! Now just to find some small 28mm versions of these guys.
03-11-2011, 03:11 PM
Ha ha these are fantastic. My favorite has to be Groundskeeper Willie. I bet you were spoilt for choice for quotes but I would've gone for "Grease me up woman" in the episode when he goes in the vents after that dog.

Hey you've gotta do Mr Burns and that crusty seadog guy Yarrr!
03-12-2011, 12:41 PM
Thanks guys! I really appreciate it!
Was a bit worried that no one liked my characters because of the poor response.
I've spent many hours on these characters. Searching for pic's and research and to come up with some special rules etc.
This added some bit more fuel on the fire Watchmen02

Haha my first quote on Willie was actually "Grease me up Woman" But when
i later found the soccer riot quote i thought it fitted very well.

ow and phantomninja feel free to post a link if you find any minions.

Bart Simpson:

03-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Bart - shoot not shot.
I love this! Once you get it done we will be playing this.
03-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Fantastic idea and I can't believe nobody thought of it sooner. But I'm happy to help contribute ideas.

Just a few thoughts for now on the characters, based on the assumption that anyone will actually intend to play these. If it's just for a goof, then sure, it's all great, but I think this could actually be a lot of fun to play, so these would be my suggestions based on game balance...

MOE: I wouldn't limit his abilities to his Tavern. Then he becomes like Jenny, where she's not very useful if the Farm isn't in play. Granted, your maps may not have extra
sides and the Tavern might always be in play, but still... I would suggest it be more like, "GET OUT! - Once per turn, when inside a building, may move a zombie in that building 2 spaces away from him." And then I would get rid of INVENTORY.

BARNEY: All good, but the wording is a little clunky. Perhaps more like... "STUMBLING: Trips on a Movement Roll of 6 and cannot Move at all." "DRUNKEN FIST - If a discard check fails for a Ranged Weapon, you may take 1 wound to keep the weapon." (i.e. make that optional) "DEAD DRUNK: May cancel any Fight on the roll of 4+, as the Zombies mistake him for a Zombie."

GROUNDSKEEPER WILLIE: Good.

CHIEF WIGGUM: Good, but the wording on CALL FOR BACKUP could be: "Once per turn, may move one other Hero up to 2 spaces closer to him."

RAINIER WOLFCASTLE: Good.

CLETUS: I think the MOLOTOV COCKTAIL is a little wonky and overpowered. Once he has a Lighter, he can keep using it over and over, presumably, and it's an easy hit at 3+. Also, it requires something to keep track of how many failures he's had. How about... "MOLOTOV COCKTAIL - May discard a Fire Item to throw a Molotov Cocktail. Range: 2 Hits all Zombies in target space on 3+." I also think being able to pull a Shotgun from the discard pile is pretty powerful, so I would just give him a Shotgun to start with. He'll probably lose it at some point, but it won't necessarily be as easy to get it back.

SNAKE: Simplify the wording as "GRAND THEFT AUTO - Always has Keys." The title of the ability gives you the explanation... he doesn't really have keys, but he never needs them, so it's the same function in the game. Is there something he gains by robbing the Kwik-E-Mart? Otherwise, there's no point for him to enter there, except for a desperate search. How about, "STICK-UP - When in any Store, may give up Hero Turn to search the Hero Deck and take the first two Items." (Using "any store" would make him a viable character to use with LNOE, as it could include the Grocery Store, Drug Store, etc.).

BART: For SKATE OR DIE, I would leave to the movement. SLINGSHOT is good, but you don't need "Hero can" in the description. "SLINGSHOT - Range: 3 Hits on 4+ Any Zombie hit is stunned and may not move for the rest of the turn." I've seen Bart use plenty of weapons, so I don't think I would restrict him there, though maybe limit him to one weapon.

Someone suggested one of Homer's abilities be "BRAINS?", which is hilarious. So I think an obvious connection for that would be something like: "BRAINS? - Not affected by Zombie Hunger."

I have some more thoughts, but I'll have to get back to you later...
03-13-2011, 01:28 AM
Wow thanks Grudunza, this are some really helpful tips, and i will change some of them. I dont have the "LNOE language" so i mostly try to inform as much as i can on the cards so there will be no questions wth i mean lol

And yes most of this is just for fun, but i want ofcourse the characters to be playable, and if the simpsons theme doesnt work for people, then i can convert the characters to a more real LNOE theme, so i really appreciate your help. This is what i asked on the main post Watchmen02

MOE: True i didnt really think about Moe becomes like Jenny, i just wanted him to be litle stronger in his own tavern since he does everything to protect it, but then i didnt want him to camp in there thats why i took away the search option for him.

BARNEY: Haha yeah im from Sweden and my English not the best, so like i said i try to explain on the cards what happens thematically. But ofcourse your words are MUCH better than mine so this will be fixed. Thx!

GROUNDKEEPR WILLIE: I was litle scared this character could be to overpowered? I mean if he gets a Meat Cleaver he now can instant kill on both 5 and 6. I thought about changing it some. But maybe just leave it?

CHIEF WIGGUM: Yep again your words are better, thx for this. ill fix it.

CLETUS: Yes i had some problem trying to explain what happens on his card, what i mean he just gets 1 (one) molotov cocktail, after he used it its gone and cant make any more, he just has 1 bottle of moonshine on him. So thats why i gave him the Shotgun option also. And about the explode on fail idea, i first had an idea on his first throw to be 3+ then secound its 4+ and on 3rd its 5+ if fails it explodes on his own space and takes everyone with him. Thought it could be exciting.. like damn now i must succeed!! And all the other heroes runs away if he dont lol. well well sometimes its sounds better in the brain.

SNAKE: Yes again you're right simplify it. Ill fix it. About the Kwik-E-Mart there just for fun, but snake always robs it on the show, so i wanted it to be on the card too, and first i had an idea he could he draw 2 cards or something, but didnt want him to camp in there. And then thematically i didnt want him to draw like a townfolk card, i mean what kind of robbery is that lol, hey this is a stick-up give me everything you got! ow a person well okey i take him with me Watchmen02 So the Stick-up was more just for fun, and again your idea is better!

BART: Yes at first i only had the movement thing, but added the penalty thing when i came up with the name Skate or DIE lol, so i wanted him to suffer some if he ended up on same space as a zombie, so he dont zigzag through all the zombies and never got cought. SlingShot im gonna fix this like you said and yes i spent like 5 min of thinking if its Shot or shoot lol, in my head Shoot sounded better, but remember when i played PC games and i had a bind with Nice Shoot on it.. i got laughed at lol but in that case it is Nice Shot.. well well English is not my main language Watchmen02
About the CHILD rule, this is gonna be on all the Children like Youth, and all children cant handle weapons even if bart can, so some of them gonna have a weapon on the card instead like the Slingshot.

The Homer card.. im scared about making this one lol, everyone gonna have an opinion on that card lol

And i really wanna hear more about your thoughts, im looking forward to it.

/Cimex.

03-14-2011, 07:11 PM
What about Mr. Burn's mansion? Also could itchy/and or scratchy be heroes?
03-15-2011, 03:27 AM
(03-14-2011 07:11 PM)marcuso Wrote:  What about Mr. Burn's mansion? Also could itchy/and or scratchy be heroes?

I have been thinking about those characters too but i think they will be an event card instead since they are not "real".