Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Movement alternatives?
06-13-2012, 08:07 PM
RE: Movement alternatives?
I think it is definitely an interesting idea, but I have to agree with the overall sentiment people seem to have here. I think it is best to keep the movement as is, decided primarily by dice roll for heroes, and from time to time by cards for either.

I would definitely agree that your suggestion does perhaps help to make it a little more realistic, especially taking wounds into consideration. I just kind of feel like it makes things a little too complicated. To me, the movement is best kept simple like this, as it still gives it the feel of a board game. To me, that is one of the best things about this game. It feels like a board game at the same time as also feeling like you are living out your own zombie movie. A lot of times, luck plays a big part in board games. This maintains that element of luck sometimes being on your side, and sometimes leaving you high and dry.

Also, as others have said, you can easily explain the changing movement thematically in a way that makes perfect sense.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2012, 08:15 PM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2012 08:15 PM by soundguy.)
RE: Movement alternatives?
yep.. and the wounds issue? not all wounds slow you down. I bit on my upper arm is not gonna slow me.. if anything.. it might speed me up!! Watchmen02
yep.. and the wounds issue? not all wounds slow you down. I bit on my upper arm is not gonna slow me.. if anything.. it might speed me up!! Watchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply